What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Female Singer with the Most Beautiful Voice? (1 Viewer)

728x90

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Sam Posten said:
People are f-in stoopid.

I actually "get" Miley's Wrecking Ball video. Is it T&A gratuitous...sure. But so is Blurred Lines.

Blurred Lines. A song about "practically committing date rape" is lauded as a great song.
Wrecking Ball. A song about a hormone raging 20-some year old woman trying to not lust after her ex.
Lorde telling people they suck for being consumerist and pandemic to their own greed.

Didn't we have a song like that by Jessie J last year? Or was it 2 years? People compared that song against M.I.A. and her "cash register song"(we've all heard it, not looking up the title).

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thirteen pages, and I've only seen Whitney Houston mentioned once. That is hard to believe. Whatever her personal life was, she was one of the BEST female vocalists ever. Tragically gone, may she RIP.

B

Brooklyn

It is almost impossible to choose one particular singer but if I really have to pick one then it would be "Celine Dion"

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Cool, glad you liked it. I know it seems I'm fixated on her (I'm really not!) but neat stuff from and about her keeps popping up and seems worthy of being passed on. I really don't like much 'pop' music these days but I do dig her stuff, as I did Adele. It may sound hipster of me but I liked em both before they were big hits =)Will be interesting to see if she can follow up with something worthy or flame out.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Given who her mother is, I bet she'll come back with something good. As big as Royals, no...but big. The whole album is good. I've also ported the audio from her Letterman performance. (amazing what you can do with analog audio out into a CD-R with its output connected to a digital USB interface. Of course if Letterman releases a "greatest hits", like he is prone to...I buy them...)

Edit:
Lol, I assumed that link was to the Grammy nominee performance(was using my phone)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

Emanuel1

Agent
Real Name
Dessel Martro
That's up to the listener...for me, i'd say that Miley Cyrus was one of the best female singers...but everyone's got their own opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oussa13
Recent bookmarks