What's new

Female Singer with the Most Beautiful Voice? (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Richard V said:
Thirteen pages, and I've only seen Whitney Houston mentioned once. That is hard to believe. Whatever her personal life was, she was one of the BEST female vocalists ever. Tragically gone, may she RIP.
Her older stuff was amazing, but wow did she go downhill. Lost her range, probably lots of studio "fix-ups" to her recordings. Very sad.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Stan said:
Her older stuff was amazing, but wow did she go downhill. Lost her range, probably lots of studio "fix-ups" to her recordings. Very sad.
not the biggest fan, but she performed probably the best rendition of the national anthem for a superbowl.

dsognon

Auditioning
Real Name
shery
I have to say Amy Lee of EvenescenceShe has a good voice and is really sexy so she wins in my bookcase in point

frik

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Siep
So, who'll be the only artist in (American) music history who will have a #1 album in six (!!) decades - 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and the current decade?
Of course, there's always a very slight chance Chris Brown will be in first place next week, but I don't think so.

sk

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
frik said:
So, who'll be the only artist in (American) music history who will have a #1 album in six (!!) decades - 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and the current decade?
Of course, there's always a very slight chance Chris Brown will be in first place next week, but I don't think so.

sk
EricSchulz said:
And she is in SPLENDID voice on this new album. I wasn't looking forward to this one at all (I think the whole Duet album thing has been overdone), but they did a nice job on it and her voice is the best it's been in a few years.

L

Laura98

Tylor Swift is my favorite because she has amazing voice & also i love this girl, she is so beautiful.

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
PearlMovies said:
celine dion is one of my favourite singer she have a very soulfull voice

Celine is so popular that many people hesitate in giving her great voice it's proper due, because one does not need to have a huge amount of experience listening to female vocalists to recognize the magnificence that is Celine's voice. I think that many people purposely want to put the spotlight on a singer that is not so well known to the public, because so many are already aware of someone like Celine, and how terrific her voice is. And people may feel that they are being too obvious in pointing out the quality of a voice like Celine's which most of the public already takes for granted as being great, anyway. That would be similar to me announcing to a group of people that I think Meryl Streep is a great actress.

BTW, as a teenager, Celine was winning singing competitions all over the world, including Japan, which only verifies what a terrific instrument the woman possesses.

Another favorite female vocalist of mine, since first hearing her in 1968, is Judy Collins. Certainly, she's another woman with a gorgeous voice.

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
Over 11 years late to this thread which started in October 2003. I must agree with the original poster....

Karen Carpenter

To this day I keep listening to her songs, watch her music videos and I am amazed as how effortlessly she sang some of the most beautiful songs recorded. And of course she was also a drummer in many of the Carpenters' hits.

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Raul Marquez said:
Over 11 years late to this thread which started in October 2003. I must agree with the original poster....

Karen Carpenter

To this day I keep listening to her songs, watch her music videos and I am amazed as how effortlessly she sang some of the most beautiful songs recorded. And of course she was also a drummer in many of the Carpenters' hits.

Dr Marquez, I appreciate you spot lighting Karen Carpenter, and reminding us that she was the choice of RyanPC, who originated this thread. Your posting caused me to go downstairs into our theater/music room and retrieve Carpenters Gold: 35TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION from our CD collection.

Carpenters Gold is quite an extensive collection, being comprised of 40 selections, with each of its 2 discs containing 20 songs.

Am not sure why we have never played these CDs, other than when we first bought the set roughly 10 years ago. But a possible reason occurs to me.

You see we bought Carpenters Gold during one of our trips out to Tucson, Arizona, to visit my daughter, in either 2004 or 2005. I know that the fate that befell the lovely Karen Carpenter does not really fit the definition of suicide but its tragic circumstances may have still hit close to home for me because my daughter Sarah took her own life in early 2006, shortly before we were to return for another visit.

It was not my intention to play for sympathy, or be a downer, by detailing the foregoing. Guess I've adjusted to the reality of things about as well as most folks who have lost their child.

Now, however, I'd like to rediscover the beauty that emanated from Karen Carpenter. Actually, the CD set was more my wife's choice when we were browsing in the CD section of that Tucson Best Buy. But I had certainly remembered Karen Carpenter's voice from many years before, when her songs were heard on my car's AM radio. (didn't have FM radio in my car in the late 1960s or early 70s) Looking at the back of the CD cover at Best Buy, song titles like Rainy Days and Mondays, Top Of The World, and Superstar instantly brought back memories.

Maybe it's somewhat ironic, in view of what eventually happened to Miss Carpenter, but my exposure to her music has me remembering her as a singer

who had this sunny tone to her voice that could just raise one's spirits and make you glad to be alive. I'm sure that among the 40 songs on Carpenters Gold, you will find more serious, even dark, selections, but I want to hear that voice again. So we will start listening to those discs while having lunch, this afternoon.

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
Mike,

Your post above brought brought tears to my eyes. As a father myself I cannot possibly even begin to feel what you must have gone through. May you enjoy your collection listening to Karen's beautiful voice.

You may also be interested in several DVD's of The Carpenters which I watch every now and then:

The Carpenters - Gold Greatest Hits (~ $16 on Amazon)

The Best Of The Carpenters - Live in Japan (~ $24 on Amazon)

Close To You: Remembering The Carpenters (~ $17 on Amazon)

Video quality is not that great, but remember that these were filmed or taped back in the 70's.

Still I don't regret buying these.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
With the planned return of Twin Peaks, I've found myself revisiting the soundtrack. Decades later, it remains one of the top TV soundtracks of all time (IMHO)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks