What's new

EXCLUSIVE: Twilight Time July/August Titles (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Yorkshire said:
March/April titles announced 27th November
May/June titles announced 2nd February
July/August titles announced 12th April

September/October titles to be announced...anywhere between 27th May and 12th June?

:D

I'm hoping sometime next week.

And I'm sticking with a hope for Mississippi Burning, Manhattan Murder Mystery or Fail-Safe.

Or all three, obviously.

Steve W
TT announced Sep/Oct/Nov 2013 titles on June 5, 2013

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Robert Crawford said:
I can't believe it, this morning, I received my shipping notice for the June 10th releases. :dance: My orders usually don't ship out from SAE until days after the release date. Also, all three titles coming next week are immediate views for me.
Congratulations! I can't remember the last time I got a SAE order shipped on the release day let alone early. Lately they have been pretty slow with me with last month's being a new record at 10 days after the release date before I got my shipping confirmation. Thankfully I've been getting more patient about it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Press Release 07/01/2014​
The “Duke” was never “bigger”, and never “better” than as the big Chicago cop who turns London town on its ear in the brand new Twilight Time Blu-Ray release!
“BRANNIGAN”
Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release​
Only 3,000 units available at​
Once they are gone – they are gone!​
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, JULY 8TH, 2014
“A well-crafted action movie—and besides, it’s got John Wayne in it. Wayne moves through the story with authority and conviction.” —Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
“John Wayne…is still the indestructible cow-poke despite a Chicago detective’s badge and the contemporary London locale.” The New York Times
John Wayne is the eponymous Chicago cop in Brannigan (1975), sent on a fish-out-of-water journey to England to pick up a bail-jumping thug (John Vernon) for extradition. But to the chagrin of Scotland Yard, handsomely represented by Richard Attenborough, the mobster is abruptly kidnapped from under their noses, and Brannigan has to join forces with a whole different breed of cops—including Judy Geeson as a fetching if no-nonsense Detective-Sergeant—to track him down…all over a gorgeous 1970s-era London. Featuring a jazz-inflected score by Dominic Frontiere, available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track.
LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
There was never a “better” bank heist film than Richard Fleischer’s unforgettable big cinemascope “Noir” in a brand new Twilight Time Blu-Ray release!
“VIOLENT SATURDAY”

“The reigning king of Southwestern noir.”
–Nick Pinkerton, The Village Voice
“A pulpy pictorial symphony of frames within frames, foreground-to-background dynamism, and razor-sharp coupling of faces.”
–Bruce Bennett, The New York Sun

Director Richard Fleischer’s noir-melodrama hybrid is a widescreen sensation, pitting a trio of vicious bank robbers (with Lee Marvin the sadistic standout) against a small Arizona mining town riddled with secret sins. Adulterers, alcoholics, voyeurs, and thieves—given life by a stellar cast of Hollywood stalwarts including Victor Mature, Richard Egan, Sylvia Sidney, Ernest Borgnine, and J. Carroll Naish—all find their fates hanging in the balance on one Violent Saturday.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time is excited to announce the Blu-Ray debut of Woody Allen’s fascinating tale of the wonderful and fascinating medium of Radio!
“RADIO DAYS”
“One of Woody Allen’s most purely entertaining pictures…not simply about nostalgia, but the quality of memory.”Variety
Radio Days is so ambitious and so audacious that it almost defies description…it's inexhaustible, spinning out one delight after another.”—Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
“[Allen’s] most buoyant, comic and poignantly expressed of memoirs.”—Vincent Canby, The New York Times
Writer-director Woody Allen’s tenderly nostalgic, joyously funny Radio Days (1987) is a vignette-packed memory piece about growing up in Brooklyn in the 1940s, obsessed with the music, entertainment, and news of the wide world brought into every household via the magic of radio. A young Allen surrogate (played by a teeny red-headed Seth Green) lives with his parents (the wonderful Julie Kavner and Michael Tucker) and extended family in the wind-swept Rockaway neighborhood, their daily routines spiced by the glamour, excitement, thrills, and even occasional doses of grim reality coming to them over the airwaves. Also starring Mia Farrow, Dianne Wiest, and Josh Mostel.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time is excited to announce the Blu-Ray debut of the “knock out” Australian comedy that had them laughing all the way to the pitch!
“SAVE YOUR LEGS”
“This feel-good Australian comedy knocks it into the stands—even for viewers with no interest in cricket…Witty, sharp, and good-natured…it hits a six at every turn.”
—Ed Gibbs, The Sydney Morning Herald
“Appealing…a nice message about the value of friendship. Cinematography by Mark Wareham is outstanding…the visuals really pop. The themes of camaraderie are strong, and it’s worth being a spectator to this amusing tale.”
—Cameron Williams, The Popcorn Junkie
Save Your Legs! (2012) tells the (mostly) true story of a rag-tag team of all-too-swiftly aging Australian cricket players, determined to go for the gusto one last time. Teddy (Stephen Curry) and his best pals Rick (Brendan Cowell) and Stavros (Damon Gameau) engineer an “international tour” for their stumbling club, focusing on three matches in exotic, cricket-mad India and a chance to meet their idol, cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar. Fish-out-of-water adventures ensue, along with a tribute to the goofy glories of old mateship.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
A “Cukor” classic – with the “million dollar” cast, in the brand new Twilight Time Blu-Ray release!
“BORN YESTERDAY”
“The bright, biting comedy of the Garson Kanin legit hit adapts easily to film. Judy Holliday delights…her artful delivery smites the risibilities. William Holden is quietly effective as the newspaperman hired to coach her in social graces.” Variety
“A very simple idea, but enlivened by a sharp, witty script, and by Cukor’s effortless handling of the brilliant performances…Magic.” Time Out London
Director George Cukor’s 1950 screen adaptation of Garson Kanin’s hit play, Born Yesterday, is a classic of movie comedy, revolving around a corrupt junk dealer (Broderick Crawford) who comes to Washington to “buy” a congressman or two. Fatally, he brings along a Sleeping Beauty, his chorine mistress, Billie Dawn (the great, the unique Judy Holliday in her Oscar™-winning performance); under the ministrations of a newspaperman (William Holden) hired to “refine” her, Billie awakens to an appreciation of her own shrewd brain—and the nastier ways of her bully boyfriend.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Nick's commentaries with Julie and such stars as Shirley Jones and Nancy Kwan are among the best. I want to compliment Nick on his ability to keep Shirley Jones focused on the R&H titles. I've heard other commentaries by her that are not nearly as good because she gets caught up in whatever she's watching.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wow! I just got through watching The Train BD with the audio commentary by Nick Redman, Julie Kirgo and Paul Seydor. What a wonderful way to spend a late afternoon watching one of my favorite all-time films. I first viewed this film as a youth back in 1965 and many times afterwards so I know every scene and line of dialogue from that film by heart which is why I was able to watch this BD for the first time with the audio commentary. A great entertaining commentary. Keep up the great work! Please, do another commentary for the Birdman of Alcatraz BD and now I'm finally motivated to read my copy of the book "Burt Lancaster An American Life". I've only own a copy of it for something like 13-14 years. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, the 1080p presentation of The Train looked superb and blows the HDX digital copy I own from Vudu out of the water.

It would be nice, if you can get your hands on "Apache" so it can be shown right with its OAR.

ValLewton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Renskoff
Robert read your comment-
now I'm finally motivated to read my copy of the book "Burt Lancaster An American Life". I've only own a copy of it for something like 13-14 years.

It is a terrific book. I highly recommend you read it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
ValLewton said:
Robert read your comment-
now I'm finally motivated to read my copy of the book "Burt Lancaster An American Life". I've only own a copy of it for something like 13-14 years.

It is a terrific book. I highly recommend you read it.
Yup, it's right in front of me as I write this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks