What's new

EXCLUSIVE: Twilight Time July/August Titles (1 Viewer)

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Twilight Time said:
Well, we've worked with Shirley before so we're hopeful!
For those who haven't picked up Fox's Rodgers & Hammerstein Collection blu-ray box set, Twilight Time's Nick Redmond has done audio commentary tracks on "Oklahoma"(Todd-AO version) & "Carousel" with Miss Jones, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that "April Love" would include one as well!!! :thumbsup:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Twilight Time said:
APRIL LOVE has undergone a recent much-needed restoration, and it is likely we'll put it back on the schedule for next year.
That is some of the best news I've heard all year. Thanks for that tidbit.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Just got my latest order at home (Mag Men and Kings Men) and looking forward to watching both. Any chance for a Twilight Time BD of one of my wife's favorites: "Long Hot Summer"?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Steve...O said:
Just got my latest order at home (Mag Men and Kings Men) and looking forward to watching both. Any chance for a Twilight Time BD of one of my wife's favorites: "Long Hot Summer"?
I would also LOVE a Long Hot Summer blu-ray release.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Twilight Time said:
APRIL LOVE has undergone a recent much-needed restoration, and it is likely we'll put it back on the schedule for next year.
Very good news. The Fox Cinema Archive release was so depressingly bad that I figured this film would just never get anything as simple as an anamorphic transfer.

Telling how the Fox Cinema Archive just couldn't wait to throw an ancient Pan & Scan transfer on DVD just few months ago when an outside company like Twilight Time is privy to the availability of a brand new restoration done by Fox that will likely be available in just a year. Further proof that this particular MOD line just doesn't care about quality.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
Shirley Jones and Pat Boone were scheduled to attend the recent screening of APRIL LOVE in L.A.. I believe only Mr Boone made it. I'd think based on their willingness to attend the premiere screening of the restored 35mm print there is every likelihood they would seriously consider an offer to do an audio commentary together (maybe with Nick Redman?)
ReTHE LONG HOT SUMMER, there is a good European Blu Ray release available if fans can't wait for TT to get around to it. Stupendous Alex North score.(And a favourite with 'Barn Burners' everywhere...)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
JoHud said:
Very good news. The Fox Cinema Archive release was so depressingly bad that I figured this film would just never get anything as simple as an anamorphic transfer.Telling how the Fox Cinema Archive just couldn't wait to throw an ancient Pan & Scan transfer on DVD just few months ago when an outside company like Twilight Time is privy to the availability of a brand new restoration done by Fox that will likely be available in just a year. Further proof that this particular MOD line just doesn't care about quality.
IAnd a further reason why I don't purchase those also ran Fox MODs.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
lionel59 said:
Shirley Jones and Pat Boone were scheduled to attend the recent screening of APRIL LOVE in L.A.. I believe only Mr Boone made it. I'd think based on their willingness to attend the premiere screening of the restored 35mm print there is every likelihood they would seriously consider an offer to do an audio commentary together (maybe with Nick Redman?) ReTHE LONG HOT SUMMER, there is a good European Blu Ray release available if fans can't wait for TT to get around to it. Stupendous Alex North score.(And a favourite with 'Barn Burners' everywhere...)
I will wait.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
lionel59 said:
Shirley Jones and Pat Boone were scheduled to attend the recent screening of APRIL LOVE in L.A.. I believe only Mr Boone made it. I'd think based on their willingness to attend the premiere screening of the restored 35mm print there is every likelihood they would seriously consider an offer to do an audio commentary together (maybe with Nick Redman?)
ReTHE LONG HOT SUMMER, there is a good European Blu Ray release available if fans can't wait for TT to get around to it. Stupendous Alex North score.(And a favourite with 'Barn Burners' everywhere...)
Pat Boone and Shirley Jones both attended the premiere screening of the new APRIL LOVE print at last year's Cinecon and Pat made amends to Shirley for refusing to kiss her back in '57 by giving her a big kiss in 2013. The print looked and sounded lovely.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
lionel59 said:
Yes, the German LONG HOT SUMMER BD available from Amazon.de looks really wonderful, crisp and colorful, and the subs are removable. A little booklet comes with it, pretty deluxe all around.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Ed Lachmann said:
Yes, the German LONG HOT SUMMER BD available from Amazon.de looks really wonderful, crisp and colorful, and the subs are removable. A little booklet comes with it, pretty deluxe all around.
Unfortunately, the Amazon.de listing says it's Region 2 locked. :( Damn!

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glancing over this thread I briefly thought (hoped?) this was the over-the-top East German musical Hot Summer...

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
Glad to learn about the restoration of HAJJI BABA with John Derek. It has only been released Full Frame (P/S) in Spain and is broadcast that way on FMC. I am still hopeful that a worthier title due for restoration- PRINCE OF PLAYERS- will be accorded the same treatment. With its grand Herrmann score, it would be an ideal TT release. I would be interested to learn when the last time this movie was shown ANYWHERE in CinemaScope.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Mike*HTF said:
Glancing over this thread I briefly thought (hoped?) this was the over-the-top East German musical Hot Summer...
Now that would be one Blu I'd would buy. East German version of BEACH PARTY.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
I was a tad disapponted when the July/August titles were announced in mid-April, as there wasn't much there for me (although my wallet was glad to have a rest).

But you know what? It's nearly mid-June! :D

If the next announcement comes exactly two months after the last it'll be made three weeks today.

Steve W

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
March/April titles announced 27th November
May/June titles announced 2nd February
July/August titles announced 12th April

September/October titles to be announced...anywhere between 27th May and 12th June?

:D

I'm hoping sometime next week.

And I'm sticking with a hope for Mississippi Burning, Manhattan Murder Mystery or Fail-Safe.

Or all three, obviously.

Steve W

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Something to tie in with Halloween? HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES (1959), perhaps?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I can't believe it, this morning, I received my shipping notice for the June 10th releases. :dance: My orders usually don't ship out from SAE until days after the release date. Also, all three titles coming next week are immediate views for me.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Dick said:
Something to tie in with Halloween? HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES (1959), perhaps?
I'd certainly buy that one, & KL have announced tons of U.A. titles, but no, The Vikings yet, so maybe TT have it, & why not release The Long Ships from Sony to go with it. Plus a few Sony Hammer ideas for Halloween, The Terror Of The Tongs, The Curse Of The Mummy's Tomb & The Gorgon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks