What's new

Don Knotts: Shakiest Gun in the West, Ghost and Mr Chicken, & The Reluctant Astronaut (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
On 9/2, for an SRP of $14.98 each, Universal is bringing out these Don Knotts classics:

* How to Frame A Figg
* The Love God?
* The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
* The Reluctant Astronaut
* The Shakiest Gun in the West

The last two are definately listed as anamorphic widescreen, where the first three don't say one way or the other yet.

No other details are available yet, nor cover art.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully they'll all be anamorphic widescreen. I'd hate to have waited this long for Ghost and Mr Chicken and be slapped in the face with a P&S version. :frowning:

I presume at these price points that there won't be Don Knotts commentaries. :angry:

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Hopefully they'll all be anamorphic widescreen. I'd hate to have waited this long for Ghost and Mr Chicken and be slapped in the face with a P&S version.

I presume at these price points that there won't be Don Knotts commentaries.
Universal's recent releases of classic westerns were at the same low price point. All were OAR with anamorphic widescreen when called for. And Winchester '73 even had a commentary (actually an "audio interview," but presented like a commentary) by Jimmy Stewart. That certainly bodes well for these releases.

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
Universal's site lists the Ghost and Mr. Chicken DVD as anamorphic widescreen (2.35:1).
http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...?childId=34098
I am hoping the The Love God? and How To Frame a Figg will be anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1?)
Interestingly enough, I beleive the Reluctant Astronaut was orginally intended for television but was released theatrically following the success of Mr. Chicken. I don't know know if it was framed with TV in mind but it would be a shame if we get an anamorphic widescreen release of that and not of TLG? and HTFAF. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next to TGAMC, The Love God? is my favorite Don Knotts film.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Atta boy, Luther!!!

Any fan of THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW owes it to themselves to pick up THE GHOST AND MR. CHICKEN as it features many TAGS cast members and creative staff. Fun from beginning to end.

What? No How to Frame a Figg fans here? Truly one of Knotts' more undervalued efforts, with Joe Flynn, Elaine Joyce and Frank (various voices on The Simpsons) Welker, from a story by Knotts himself.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah. I treasure my Percepto disc of Vic Mizzy movie and TV themes....especially the Ghost and Mr Chicken suite. Classic stuff!! He also scored the other four movies on this list, much to my surprise.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Frank (various voices on The Simpsons) Welker
What an odd, understated way of describing the 600+ contributions of the Voice God of Hollywood! :eek:

At least mention Scooby-Doo, for chrissakes!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Woo-Hoo! This is great news! I hope the prints on these are wonderful. It would be great if they each had a Don Knotts commentary.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Great news! I'll start planning a double-feature movie party now! Ghost and Mr. Chicken with The Incredible Mr. Limpet! :D

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks