What's new

Don Knotts,The Ghost & Mr. Chicken (1 Viewer)

Mickey P

Agent
A bunch of Don Knotts DVD`s were supposed to hit the street on Sept 2nd,9 The Ghost & Mr. Chicken, Shakiest Gun In The West, Reluctant Astronaut) and I went everywhere looking for them....Best Buys,Circut City, Media Play and no one could give me any information about them. They all agreed that according to their info, they were supposed to come out on that date, but they did not get any!How can three big companys like this not have any info about these movies? They all played stupid and just said they did not get them and dont know if they will. I cant find any info myself on weather they have been pushed back, or my entire area just got screwed on the delivery of these movies! Anyone else have any luck finding these Don Knotts movies or know anyhing about when they will come out. Im striking out here!!!

Ryan FB

Second Unit
They did come out 9/2, I too experienced the exact same problem with a lot of titles on that date. I'm going to online retailers instead, since it appears the B&M's have deemed many of these DVD's as "not important" enough to have on release day (or any time soon). Among the titles I absolutely could not find anywhere (even up to yesterday) were:

-The Absent-Minded Professor (WS/B&W)
-The Apple Dumpling Gang
-The Don Knotts ~$10 WS DVD's
-Escape to Witch Mountain
-More American Graffiti (!!!)
-PCU
-Return from Witch Mountain

So unless all the Catalog title DVD shipments were robbed, I guess most B&M's just didn't want to order/stock these. It's too bad really, because they won't be getting anyone's money who was interested in these titles :thumbsdown:.

Mickey P

Agent
Im sorry you did not find those titles either, but at least I know it was`nt just me! What really galled me was when I tried to pin some of these people down about this, instead of telling me they just did not order them because they did not believe interest would be that high, they just played stupid and I was told in all three cases they dont have any other info except that they did not get any in!! Media play, did call me back as I was walking out and said they would special order them for me, and that I was the fifth person in that morning looking for Don Knotts movies! He then asked me who Don Knotts was!! I passed on the special order!!

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
i have posted about this in a few threads in a few different forums, i also checked MANY stores, multiple Best Buys and Circuit Citys and they had NONE of the Don Knotts collection. but i also went to an independent store and they get EVERYTHING but they didnt have any of these, its not like Best Buy, these guys know whats being released and they definitely wanted the collection to sell in their store but they just didnt come in so i think its probably more of Universal distribution problem than a store problem. from some of the replies at other sites, it also sounds like a late shipment by Universal.

if i cant find them this tuesday i will order online.

Mickey P

Agent
Thanks for the information. After I hit the sixth store I gave up, but as you said , it now does sound like a distribution problem. Hopefully they will be there on the 9th, but thats going to make for a very expensive week for me with Season 2 of 24, The Core, Bulletproof monk, and now alll the Don Knotts movies!!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
suprised to see there weren't any other threads on these.
i just got G&MC in from DDD yesterday and watched it last night.
what a blast!
Universal did a very nice job on the transfer and the movie was as fun as i remember it being when i was a kid.

if i'd have known just how much i was going to enjoy it, i would have ordered the rest of them.
i don't expect Reluctant Astronaut or Shakiest Gun to be at the level of Mr. Chicken, but i'm looking forward to them anyway now.

StevenFC

Second Unit
I found "Ghost and Mr. Chicken" today at Suncoast at a local mall for $15. Not bad for Suncoast. Laser's Edge did have it in stock in their store, but were sold out. I'm not aware of any other b&m stores that are carrying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks