What's new

Blu-ray Review Batman: The Complete Television Series Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Bob Furmanek said:
I haven't even seen what you are talking about but I can tell you this: it's a joke.

I've known him since the mid-1980's. Adam has a big heart and a very dry sense of humor.
Hi Bob!

I've recently viewed the "Bats Of The Round Table" in question, regarding Adam West's leaving with the Restaurant tab unpaid.

Quite frankly, that it was a gag was so blatantly obvious, I fail to get how anyone could have taken it seriously? I mean, if nothing else, the one guy laughing right before the fade out should have been a dead giveaway!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Nifty photo.

Batman Green Hornet.jpg

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^That photo takes me back to my childhood when I was 11 and watched both shows. I look at it and in my mind can even smell the air from back then. :)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The final episode aired tonight: March 14, 1968

The show was losing money big-time by the third season and despite the rumors, there was never any consideration to do a 4th year. NBC was never interested in picking up the show.

Dozier had been losing money and was hot to get Batman into syndication ASAP because that's where it would finally turn a profit.

Here's an industry trade ad offering the 120 episodes from February 12, 1968.

D0IMi0g.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched the first two seasons raptly and every rerun, too. By the third season, even my devotion had worn thin and I missed as many episodes as I watched. I suspect my reaction mirrored that of a great many other people.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I wonder how much that show has made in syndication over the years - I know it hopped around a bunch in terms of what time and channel it was on when I was a kid in the 1980s, but I was always on the look for it, and it never disappeared for long.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
I wonder how much that show has made in syndication over the years - I know it hopped around a bunch in terms of what time and channel it was on when I was a kid in the 1980s, but I was always on the look for it, and it never disappeared for long.

What? You mean it wasn’t on the same bat time and the same bat channel?

Holy bat-traps; I walked straight into that one.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The final episode aired tonight: March 14, 1968

The show was losing money big-time by the third season and despite the rumors, there was never any consideration to do a 4th year. NBC was never interested in picking up the show.

Dozier had been losing money and was hot to get Batman into syndication ASAP because that's where it would finally turn a profit.

Here's an industry trade ad offering the 120 episodes from February 12, 1968.

D0IMi0g.jpg
Thank you very much Bob, for kindly sharing the above BATMAN promo, and for the reminder of today being the 50th anniversary of the final episode's original airing! My viewing of the series finale served as a reminder of the top notch visual presentation of this set. To think that not many years ago, this series was considered a hopeless cause for ever seeing legitimate release!

Incidentally, I must confess that the "Minerva" episode has grown on me with my more recent viewings!

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks