What's new

Olive Films January 2017 Releases (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
COMING IN JANUARY 2017
ON DVD & BLU-RAY

944b2d6a-2498-4376-96a5-01d7f22c6adf.jpg

Olive Films is proud to announce the following January 2017 releases:

c8f5dc1d-3b73-408a-a9f1-80ee3b837587.jpg

FIRST TIME ON DVD!

US+CANADA
PREBOOK: 12/20/16
STREET: 1/24/17

HOOPERMAN SEASON 1 DVD
CAT: OF1307
UPC: 887090130714
SRP: $34.95
HOOPERMAN SEASON 1
JOHN RITTER
(TV’s Three’s Company, TV’s 8 Simple Rules)
BARBARA BOSSON
(TV’s Hill Street Blues, TV’s Murder One)
FELTON PERRY
(RoboCop, Dumb and Dumber)
DEBRAH FARENTINO
(TV’s NYPD Blue, TV’s Earth 2, Son of the Pink Panther)

With an already memorable list of television performances (including guest stints on TV’s The Waltons and TV’s The Mary Tyler Moore Show), John Ritter (1984 Emmy winner, Best Lead Actor in a Comedy Series for TV’s Three’s Company) would add the character of Hooperman (from the creative team of Steven Bochco and Terry Louise Fisher, TV’s L.A. Law) to his credits. For his starring role on Hooperman, Ritter would receive an Emmy nomination in 1988 for Best Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.

YEAR: 1987-1988
GENRE: DRAMA, COMEDY
LANGUAGE: ENGLISH (with optional English subtitles)
LABEL: OLIVE FILMS
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 528 mins
RATING: N/R
VIDEO: 1.33:1 Aspect Ratio; Color
AUDIO: STEREO

Available for the first time on DVD, the classic 80s TV series Hooperman stars John Ritter (TV’s Three’s Company) as plainclothes police detective Harry Hooperman. When he inherits a building from his former landlady, he also gains ownership of her dog, a feisty Jack Russell Terrier named Bijoux. Comedy and drama ensue in equal measure as Hooperman juggles the pressures of his job, his newfound pet, and a romantic entanglement with the building manager he hires. The series co-stars Barbara Bosson (TV’s Hill Street Blues) and Felton Perry (RoboCop) and includes guest appearances (throughout the two-season run) by Don Cheadle (TV’s House of Lies), Norman Fell (TV’s Three’s Company), Mark Hamill (Star Wars), Barbara Rush (Bigger Than Life), David Paymer (Mr. Saturday Night), Joanna Kerns (TV’s Growing Pains), Jane Leeves (TV’s Frasier), Dan Lauria (TV’s The Wonder Years), Lorna Luft (Grease 2) and Shannon Tweed (Hot Dog … The Movie).

f3b33f80-4c55-4e43-9937-2cd77f2a70fb.jpg

FIRST TIME ON DVD!

US+CANADA

HOOPERMAN SEASON 2 DVD
CAT: OF1308
UPC: 887090130813
SRP: $34.95
HOOPERMAN SEASON 2

JOHN RITTER
(TV’s Three’s Company, TV’s 8 Simple Rules)
BARBARA BOSSON
(TV’s Hill Street Blues, TV’s Murder One)
FELTON PERRY
(RoboCop, Dumb and Dumber)
DEBRAH FARENTINO
(TV’s NYPD Blue, TV’s Earth 2, Son of the Pink Panther)

With an already memorable list of television performances (including guest stints on TV’s The Waltons and TV’s The Mary Tyler Moore Show), John Ritter (1984 Emmy winner, Best Lead Actor in a Comedy Series for TV’s Three’s Company) would add the character of Hooperman (from the creative team of Steven Bochco and Terry Louise Fisher, TV’s L.A. Law) to his credits. For his starring role on Hooperman, Ritter would receive an Emmy nomination in 1988 for Best Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.

YEAR: 1988-1989
GENRE: DRAMA, COMEDY
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 420 mins
VIDEO: 1.33:1 Aspect Ratio; Color

BONUS FEATURE: Poochinski pilot episode

Available for the first time on DVD, the classic 80s TV series Hooperman stars John Ritter (TV’s Three’s Company) as plainclothes police detective Harry Hooperman. When he inherits a building from his former landlady, he also gains ownership of her dog, a feisty Jack Russell Terrier named Bijoux. Comedy and drama ensue in equal measure as Hooperman juggles the pressures of his job, his newfound pet, and a romantic entanglement with the building manager he hires. The series co-stars Barbara Bosson (TV’s Hill Street Blues) and Felton Perry (RoboCop) and includes guest appearances (throughout the two-season run) by Don Cheadle (TV’s House of Lies), Norman Fell (TV’s Three’s Company), Mark Hamill (Star Wars), Barbara Rush (Bigger Than Life), David Paymer (Mr. Saturday Night), Joanna Kerns (TV’s Growing Pains), Jane Leeves (TV’s Frasier), Dan Lauria (TV’s The Wonder Years), Lorna Luft (Grease 2) and Shannon Tweed (Hot Dog … The Movie).
90210f67-12cb-4f43-a97c-d357fbea2c98.jpg
dd155ef7-20c0-4130-b061-f26b3a5fdf62.jpg

FIRST TIME ON
BLU-RAY!

US+CANADA

BOY, DID I GET A WRONG NUMBER! DVD
CAT: OF1309
UPC: 887090130912
SRP: $24.95

BOY, DID I GET A WRONG NUMBER! BD
CAT: OF1310
UPC: 887090131018
SRP: $29.95

BOY, DID I GET A WRONG NUMBER!

BOB HOPE
(Road to Morocco, I’ll Take Sweden, The Facts of Life)
PHYLLIS DILLER
(Splendor in the Grass, Eight on the Lam, A Bug’s Life)
ELKE SOMMER
(A Shot in the Dark, The Prize, The Money Trap)
MARJORIE LORD
(Johnny Come Lately, The Lost Volcano, TV’s Make Room for Daddy)

Directed by
GEORGE MARSHALL
(Houdini, Destry, Papa’s Delicate Condition)

YEAR: 1966
GENRE: COMEDY
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 99 mins
VIDEO: 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio; COLOR
AUDIO: MONO

Bob Hope (I’ll Take Sweden) + Phyllis Diller (Eight on the Lam) = madcap mayhem in the delightful comic romp Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number!, co-starring Elke Sommer (A Shot in the Dark). The wrong number of the title turns out to be that of Hollywood bombshell Didi (Sommer) and the lucky caller is real estate agent Tom Meade (Hope). In need of a quick fix for slumping sales, Meade sees Didi’s celebrity status as a way of boosting interest in a cabin property by offering her the charming getaway as a place where she can hide from the Hollywood moguls and flacks hot on her trail. But wires aren’t the the only thing crossed when Meade’s acid-tongued housekeeper, Lily (Diller), suspecting that he’s having an affair, flies into spy mode to protect Meade’s loving wife Martha (Marjorie Lord, TV’s Make Room for Daddy).

Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number! is directed by George Marshall (Houdini) from a story by George Beck and a screenplay by George Kennett, Albert E. Lewin and Burt Styler.

bb486941-cde4-4b8c-b79c-3208125410ad.jpg
f11002c7-e6ec-4e76-9167-20f2eaef986d.jpg

FIRST TIME ON
DVD & BLU-RAY!

US+CANADA

SABOTAGE DVD
CAT: OF1311
UPC: 887090131117
SRP: $19.95

SABOTAGE BD
CAT: OF1312
UPC: 887090131216
SABOTAGE

ARLEEN WHELAN
(Young Mr. Lincoln, The Sun Shines Bright, Ramrod)
GORDON OLIVER
(Jezebel, The Spiral Staircase, Pride of the Navy)
CHARLEY GRAPEWIN
(The Wizard of Oz, The Grapes of Wrath, Captains Courageous)
LUCIEN LITTLEFIELD
(Li’l Abner, The Little Foxes, Mr. and Mrs. North)
PAUL GUILFOYLE
(Mighty Joe Young, The Grapes of Wrath, The Seventh Cross)
JOE SAWYER
(Gilda, The Killing, Christmas Eve)
DOROTHY PETERSON
(Saboteur, Dark Victory, Mr. Skeffington)

Directed by
HAROLD YOUNG
(The Scarlet Pimpernel, The Mummy’s Tomb, I’ll Remember April)

Sabotage actress Dorothy Peterson would appear in another entertaining story of intrigue and sabotage three years later, Alfred Hitchcock’s Saboteur.

YEAR: 1939
GENRE: DRAMA THRILLER
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 67 mins
VIDEO: 1.37:1 Aspect Ratio; B&W

When Tommy Grayson (Gordon Oliver, Jezebel) is arrested on suspicion of sabotage at the local manufacturing plant, his family and fiancée rush to his aid. But his neighbors and the factory workers are not convinced of his innocence. His father, Major Matt Grayson (Charley Grapewin, The Wizard of Oz), a watchman at the plant, is sure that his upright son had nothing to do with the incident that caused the death of a test pilot. With the help of Tommy’s fiancée Gail (Arleen Whelan, Young Mr. Lincoln), and a group of his old friends, Major Grayson sets out to prove that his son was framed and bring the true culprits to justice.

Directed by Harold Young (The Scarlet Pimpernel) from a story written by Lionel House and Alice Altschuler, Sabotage also stars Paul Guilfoyle (The Grapes of Wrath), Joe Sawyer (Christmas Eve), Dorothy Peterson (Dark Victory) and Lucien Littlefield (The Little Foxes) and is photographed by Reggie Lanning (Sands of Iwo Jima, Wake of the Red Witch).

90fae0ce-ae48-4c1b-8d53-50e9cc969b1f.jpg
fd59f097-240e-4e4f-a510-bae68728349e.jpg

FIRST TIME ON
BLU-RAY!

US+CANADA

THE MEN’S CLUB DVD
CAT: OF1313
UPC: 887090131315
SRP: $24.95

THE MEN’S CLUB BD
CAT: OF1314
UPC: 887090131414

THE MEN’S CLUB

ROY SCHEIDER
(Jaws, The French Connection, Night Game)
HARVEY KEITEL
(The Piano, Mean Streets, Dangerous Game)
RICHARD JORDAN
(The Mean Season, Interiors, The Hunt for Red October)
FRANK LANGELLA
(Dracula, Frost/Nixon, The Ninth Gate)
TREAT WILLIAMS
(Smooth Talk, 1941, Once Upon a Time in America)
DAVID DUKES
(Gods and Monsters, Date with an Angel, Rawhead Rex)
CRAIG WASSON
(The Outsider, Ghost Story, Body Double)
STOCKARD CHANNING
(Grease, The Fortune, Heartburn)
JENNIFER JASON LEIGH
(The Hateful Eight, The Hitcher, Last Exit to Brooklyn)

Directed by
PETER MEDAK
(The Ruling Class, The Changeling, Romeo Is Bleeding)

The Men’s Club features performances by a cast of multiple Academy Award nominees including Roy Scheider (Best Actor - All That Jazz – 1980, Best Supporting Actor - The French Connection - 1972), Harvey Keitel (Best Supporting Actor – Bugsy - 1992), Frank Langella (Best Actor – Frost/Nixon - 2009), Stockard Channing (Best Actress – Six Degrees of Separation - 1994) and Jennifer Jason-Leigh (Best Supporting Actress – The Hateful Eight - 2016).

YEAR: 1986
GENRE: DRAMA
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 101 mins
RATING: R
VIDEO: 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio; COLOR

Peter Medak (The Ruling Class) brings Leonard Michael’s novel The Men’s Club (scripted by the author) to life on the big screen in this adaptation starring Roy Scheider (The French Connection) and Harvey Keitel (The Piano). Meeting at the Berkeley home of Kramer (Richard Jordon, The Mean Season), a psychotherapist with somewhat dubious credentials, The Men’s Club brings together men of various ages and backgrounds in support group-like sessions where they share their innermost fears, regrets and longings. On one pivotal evening, tensions will flare and deep-seated hostilities will rise, culminating in shocking revelations. Featured in the outstanding cast are Frank Langella (Dracula), Treat Williams (Smooth Talk), David Dukes (Gods and Monsters), Craig Wasson (The Outsider), Jennifer Jason Leigh (The Hateful Eight), Gwen Welles (Nashville), Cindy Pickett (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) and Stockard Channing (Grease).
350793a8-ef22-4e40-9082-0d94db826354.jpg
c3ee3ec2-7aa1-4b4d-a9b8-d7935af95c68.jpg

FIRST TIME ON
BLU-RAY!

US+CANADA

WAGON TRACKS DVD
CAT: OF1315
UPC: 887090131513
SRP: $19.95

WAGON TRACKS BD
CAT: OF1316
UPC: 887090131612
WAGON TRACKS

WILLIAM S. HART (Tumbleweeds, Wild Bill Hickok)
JANE NOVAK (Desert Fury, What Price Love?)
ROBERT McKIM (The Mark of Zorro, The Bat)
LLOYD BACON (The Greater Profit, Hearts and Masks)

Directed by
LAMBERT HILLYER
(Outlaw Brand, Dracula’s Daughter, TV’s The Cisco Kid)

Wagon Tracks, preserved by the Library of Congress and mastered for home video from the original 35mm nitrate print, is a classic tale of the old west starring William S. Hart (Wild Bill Hickok).

YEAR: 1919
GENRE: WESTERN
LANGUAGE: ENGLISH intertitles
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 68 mins
VIDEO: 1.33:1 Aspect Ratio; B&W / Color tinted

Wagon Tracks is a film brimming with adventure, romance and frontier justice, starring the king of the silent film westerns, William S. Hart (Wild Bill Hickok, Tumbleweeds).

Buckskin Hamilton (Hart) is out for justice and close on the heels of the outlaws that gunned down his younger brother in cold blood. Set in 1850, with the great Gold Rush as a backdrop, Wagon Tracks takes the viewer on an adventure across the wide open spaces of the untamed west.

In 1919, the year of its release, the Los Angeles Times said of Wagon Tracks, “The great desert screen epic is with us at last,” and called C. Gardner Sullivan’s screenplay “a masterpiece.” Now, future generations will have the opportunity to judge for themselves with this newly minted version which features an original score written and performed by Andrew Earle Simpson.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Nifty! "Wagon Tracks" (1919) is a favorite of mine, and I'm anxious to see it in optimum quality. It's such a classical western plot, which you could so easily envision as an episode of "Wagon Train," four decades later. Not quite as 'epic' as some of the more familiar 20s silent western classics, yet very, very satisfying and endearing.

The Republic item "Sabotage" intrigues me. Has anyone ever seen this one circulate? I looked it up in the AFI volume and it's categorized as 'not viewed,' which is quite unusual for a Republic, and seemingly denotes some kind of rarity.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
A William S. Hart that has eluded me. Will get for sure! Sabotage is certainly tantalizing.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Oh my gosh, I remember watching Boy Did I Get A Wrong Number on The Million Dollar Movie. It's a mess. I may get it just for nostalgia. Everyone in it is too good for the material. The highlight for me as a kid was Phyllis Diller on a motorcycle squirting mustard and ketchup in people's
faces as she drove by.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hooperman.
Loved that show .

It was the first time I heard a show called a Dramedy.
NO laugh track, serious and funny,

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
Some decent titles coming, I was hoping to see some more of their Signature releases however.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Maybe some sony/columbia-tristar titles
the compeition
violets are blue
mr.jones
the cheap detective
the slugger's wife
the canterville ghost (80's)
to sir with love ll
drive-in
lost in yonkers
crazy in alabama
i'll do anything
hero
jacob the liar,and many others,it would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks