What's new

Universal - Where is the Don Knotts Classics Blu-Ray Collection? (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It has been almost 11 years since you released the following films on DVD:

[*]How to Frame A Figg
[*]The Love God?
[*]The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
[*]The Reluctant Astronaut
[*]The Shakiest Gun in the West
[/list]When can we expect a Blu-ray set? The DVD are nice, but an HD release of The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, my favorite Don Knott's movie, would be fantastic.

"And they used Bon Ami."

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Rodney said:
It has been almost 11 years since you released the following films on DVD:

[*]How to Frame A Figg
[*]The Love God?
[*]The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
[*]The Reluctant Astronaut
[*]The Shakiest Gun in the West
[/list]When can we expect a Blu-ray set? The DVD are nice, but an HD release of The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, my favorite Don Knott's movie, would be fantastic.

"And they used Bon Ami."
I have them all on DVD and would especially like to see a BD of The Ghost and Mr. Chicken.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was reading something this morning that quoted from The Ghost and Mr. Chicken and it made me wish I had this Don Knotts collection in HD to give it a spin.

Come on Universal, I'm waiting to give you my money. Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? What's the problem, pal?

mayberry66guy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
I would love to have these films on Blu-ray. I bought all of the DVDs as soon as they were released. And now we wait, and hope that Universal will reward us with some Don Knotts classics as club exclusives.

I see that Disney, through it's movie club, is offering the "Herbie" movies and the first "Apple Dumpling Gang" film on blu-ray. And Warner offers "Incredible Mr. Limpet" and "Pleasantville" on blu-ray.

Now, we just need to convince Universal that their 5 Don Knotts films deserve blu-ray releases.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
The whole Blu-ray situation for stuff like this is so bad. I have all these films on DVD. I become more pessimistic by the day that they (and so many other titles) will ever see a Blu-ray release. :(

Scott_Morris

Mostly Observing
Real Name
Scott Morris
Well, here we are in 2020 (this thread started back in 2014), and I know folks must be happy that we've gotten four out of five of the Don Knott's Universal 60s-era comedies (technically, "HTFA Figg" is 1971) on BD, but I for one am still jonesin' for "The Love God?" on BD. Hell, at this point, I'd even settle for a digital HD copy. If the source material is in good shape, this is one that would look terrific in HD, with all of the 60s color schemes, most especially in the "Mr. Peacock" nightclub montage. I've always got my DVD of "The Love God?" to keep me happy for now, but it surely would be nice to finally have it in HD...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks