What's new

Dolby Atmos Not Playing !! (1 Viewer)

Active User

Auditioning
Real Name
Remo
Hi,
I have a Zebronics 9800 DWS Dolby Atmos Soundbar , when i play certain blurays which has Atmos written on the cover and when i select the atmos audio channel , only dolby surrond is being displayed in the soundbar,
I also have Ready Player One bluray which has Atmos in it and when i play it the soundbar shows that it is ATMOS and plays that channel.
Other than that and mad max fury road atmos bluray no other discs with atmos content is showing Atmos. all are playing just dolby surround.

Can someone please support.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I don't know if this is the same situation as what you are describing, but my player and Atmos sound bar both display as "Dolby True HD" even though it is playing an Atmos signal. The signal passes through my TV, which correctly identifies it as Atmos. My understanding is that this difference in what is being displayed is because Atmos is a True HD codec, so True HD is what is displayed. I was going a little nuts about that myself when I first got the equipment up and running.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
My guess is you have secondary audio enabled on your player and other discs are outputting it as PCM, which can’t carry the Atmos signal. A lot of discs are flagged to output that way even if they don’t have any secondary audio, but most Warner discs are flagged to output straight bitstream so that’s what you’re getting on those. Make sure secondary audio is turned off in the setup menu.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I figured that’s what the issue was given that it was working on Warner titles but not others. I’ve always liked the menu sound effects and such so pity they don’t use that much anymore. Wonder if there is a way to output Atmos with the secondary audio still enabled, I know the Apple TV outputs PCM but can still pass Atmos on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks