What's new

dolby atmos 7.1 apple 4k tv 3rd gen problem - no sound - hdmi connected (1 Viewer)

Bleach

Agent
Real Name
Michael M
hi

im not getting sound on my new apple 4k tv 3rd generation with dolby atmos 7.1 on my hisense u8h tv. i have no problem playing this format on my panasonic ub820. i use a optical cable from my tv to my old sennheiser wireless headphones transmitter. i use those usually for movies cause it sounds fuller and louder than my bluetooth headphones on this tv. i have a optical cable hub that i dug out that i used with my old tv. however apple 4k tv 3rd gen has no optical cable port and i dont have a receiver. ii do have that once much praised JVC HX-GD8 tower of power that has a aux port that i was able to connect to my fluance rt85 turntable so do i get a converter? if so which is best and not too expensive? whats some solutions? i cant afford a receiver right now cause im saving for a custom built pc. i wanna wait till after that cause if i am going to buy a receiver i wanna get something really advanced and bang for the buck. thanks in advance fellas.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Bleach

Agent
Real Name
Michael M
Isn't using a optical cable like I've been using better quality? I only get no sound in the situation I mentioned above

Q4W

Auditioning
Real Name
Stuart
I just posted about an issue that I am having. Did this issue just develop or is it new? My issue with 4K and ATMOS started around the release of OS17.1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks