What's new

Completing The 60’s (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Circus Boy is a show I enjoyed as a youngster and I wish that it was available on DVD.
Yes , many of us who frequent this thread enjoy the show, and wish it was available in a complete series box set on DVD (along with many other fondly remembered children's show - Andy's Gang , Rin Tin Tin , Captain Midnight , Tom Terrific , Lassie etc ), But who knows ? Some of these may well show up eventually !

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Yes , many of us who frequent this thread enjoy the show, and wish it was available in a complete series box set on DVD (along with many other fondly remembered children's show - Andy's Gang , Rin Tin Tin , Captain Midnight , Tom Terrific , Lassie etc ), But who knows ? Some of these may well show up eventually !

Not likely. The people who watched these shows as children (other than Lassie which ran forever), are already at the age where they are too old to be buying these things.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Thanks Neil, Some people maybe, Not enough people to make a commercial release viable - probably. But I am someone who likes not only seeing TV shows that I enjoyed when I was very young but also likes and collects TV programmes from all eras of television history.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Not likely. The people who watched these shows as children (other than Lassie which ran forever), are already at the age where they are too old to be buying these things.
Your probably right , but we never thought we'd see things like Decoy , Public Defender , Deadline , Ben Casey , so you never know for sure what might turn up.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
The implication in the post was that anyone who watched a certain children's show in the early to mid-50s has no business buying a set of it today and if they do there's something wrong with them. And I don't think there's anything "right" about that argument.
I'd buy them . I was really referring to the recurring theme that these old shows have no chance of release - then we get a couple of obscurities no one thought we'd ever see. . I 'd love have to complete runs of the shows I mentioned . I'd watch them and enjoy them , but there's probably only a limited audience for these nostalgic old programs. We can only wait and see what happens .

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
The implication in the post was that anyone who watched a certain children's show in the early to mid-50s has no business buying a set of it today and if they do there's something wrong with them. And I don't think there's anything "right" about that argument.
Agree.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

I already hear that about shows that are nowhere near as old as those.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks