What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Originally scheduled as a tie-in to the theatrical release of Wonder Woman 1984, Warner Archive has released all three seasons of the 1970s television series Wonder Woman in a 10-disc Blu-ray set.

Wonder Woman (1975–1979)

Released: 07 Nov 1975
Rated: TV-G
Runtime: 60 min

Director: N/A
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Family, Fantasy, Sci-Fi

Cast: Lynda Carter, Lyle Waggoner
Writer(s): William Moulton Marston, Stanley Ralph Ross

Plot: The adventures of the greatest of the female superheroes.

IMDB rating: 7.0
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: Warner Archive
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
Audio: English 2.0...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
My theory about the audio glitch: It was a reel change error. The extra word was supposed to be excised in the lab, but was left in by mistake, causing a repeat (similar to The Wizard of Oz error that WB corrected.) It is exactly 2 seconds before the end of the shot (the same amount of time for a standard audio track pullup at a reel change) and the shot wobbles at the end, suggesting the end of the reel.
The mistake doesn't occur on the dvd (presumably because that was taken from an IP instead), but did occur on the first 16:9 streaming version.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Just received my copy last night and after sampling a few scenes it's easily worth the increase of $0.25 per episode over the DVD set.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
In my case, I ordered the BR from Target during a B2G1 sale with a final, shipped, price of $36.16. I'm happy with that...
I'd say so, that's only a dollar more than my local Walmart's price for the DVD set. Is that an internet order with Target or is it in store?

Last edited:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I never picked up the DVDs past season 1, so I'll have to get this BD set eventually.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'd say so, that's only a dollar more than my local Walmart's price for the DVD set. Is that an internet order with Target or is it in store?
It was an internet order - pre-order actuallly - during their last Buy 2 get 1 free sale (over a month ago). When I saw they had it as part of the sale I didn't hesitate and combined it with 2 other identically priced sets (the entire order for all 3 was a bit over $108).

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
It was an internet order - pre-order actuallly - during their last Buy 2 get 1 free sale (over a month ago). When I saw they had it as part of the sale I didn't hesitate and combined it with 2 other identically priced sets (the entire order for all 3 was a bit over $108).
Thanks, I'll have to start checking their web page.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I don't believe that this release was through Warner Archive. It is just Warner Home Video, which would account for the lossy sound and 6 episodes per disc.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Stella Stevens credit in the opening credits of the pilot episode is missing. It was there on the DVD. 'Special Appearance by Stella Stevens.' Not a good sign.

Makes me wonder what else is possibly missing throughout the set. I'll have to check out the dolphin episode in season 3 to see is the missing scene has been restored.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I just noticed that too. To me it looked like the image kind of froze up and lingered on Red Buttons credit too long and then by the time it resumed we were on the one after Stevens because I'm pretty sure her credit came after Buttons.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
Some sets do have the credit. It was corrected midway through the pressing. Contact WB to see if you can get a replacement. Mine has the credit. I contacted them in May about it missing on the digital versions, and they fixed the blu rays.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I checked the episode The Deadly Dolphin and the missing portion is there and the opening credits have been synced up properly.

I'm not sure about contacting WB regarding the missing credit. It's really no big deal to me, I just happened to notice it. Maybe I will. I don't know.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Does "The Man Who Could Not Die" have the opening teaser? The HD version I purchased from Google doesn't have it, instead it starts with the credits. The music for this opening is included on this album.

Neil

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Some sets do have the credit. It was corrected midway through the pressing. Contact WB to see if you can get a replacement. Mine has the credit. I contacted them in May about it missing on the digital versions, and they fixed the blu rays.

My copy has it, too. I saw people remarking on it missing, and I thought, "That's weird; I remember seeing it."

So far, I've just chapter-skipped through the first disc (though watched the opening credits for each one; I had forgotten that "The Feminum Mystique" was written by Barbara Avedon & Barbara Corday of Cagney and Lacey fame).

I agree that the video is perhaps too soft from today's perspective, and the audio isn't dynamic, but it's pretty much what I expect from a TV show of this vintage with lots of layered optical effects.

If I have any complaint so far, it's having seven 50-minute episodes per disc for the first season -- and more for Disc 1, as the pilot is well over that length.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, I emailed Warner Home Video customer service over two weeks ago and have not received a reply. Kind of what I expected. That's too bad. I guess the missing credit issue isn't going to be addressed. The only way to get a correct copy is to buy another one and send this one back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks