What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (1 Viewer)

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
cadavra said:
Which was kind of my point. I'm NOT the younger generation--we geezers love physical media, that whole holding it in your hands feeling--and the stuff we buy largely won't be on Blu for that very reason. Downloading is a chore, plus if there are extras you don't get 'em.

As for when I'm dead...it won't be my problem. ;)

Mike S.
Being part of the younger generation, I prefer the physical media to downloading and streaming. It's because I want to have something in my hands I know will work without the hassle of waiting and problems related to the latter. And, as Mike S. mentioned, you can have access to extra features you don't get from downloading.
David Steigman said:
DVD and Blu Ray are not going anywhere for a long time...downloading is for some audiences but not all
What's that go to do with Olive films ?
Nothing yet
More announcements ! :)
I think that both DVD and Blu-ray are still going to be around for longer that people think, but let's get back to the discussion of Olive Films and their releases as well as announcements. I can't wait to see what's on deck!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
:( The Five previously announced titles (Bamboo Saucer/Bang! Bang! You're Dead!/Cry Danger/Witchboard 2/Young at Heart) will be it for October.

Attachments

• CryDanger.jpg
    CryDanger.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 30

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
MisterLime said:
:( The Five previously announced titles (Bamboo Saucer/Bang! Bang! You're Dead!/Cry Danger/Witchboard 2/Young at Heart) will be it for October.
So much for more horror titles for October. Pretty disappointing.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
They dont have a lot of horror titles in their catalog unfortunately
I think Dr Terror and thats all , unless they get Monster from Piedras Blancas :)

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Then they aren't too interesting any more. How many more b-westerns and b-war movies will they continue to spew then? Ugh.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Damned if I know .. I am looking forward to a few Noirs from them and a William Powell comedy drama - Mr Peabody and the Mermaid
All we can do is hope that they can acquire more horror titles ..maybe Misterlime can let us know if they do have more horrors (other than Dr Terror) - they could surprise us :)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
David Steigman said:
They dont have a lot of horror titles in their catalog unfortunately
I think Dr Terror and thats all , unless they get Monster from Piedras Blancas :)
Dr. Terror's House of Horrors and Cauldron of Blood

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming in 2013 and 2014 from Olive Films

Betty Boop Volume 3 - Betty Boop Volume 4 - The Pawnbroker - The Bells of St. Mary - Stranger on the Prowl - Sleep My Love - Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid - That's My Man - I've Always Loved You - Magnificent Doll - Forever Female - Up the Junction - Home of the Brave - Johnny Come Lately - Flying Tigers - The North Star and the alternate shorter version Armored Attack - Operation Petticoat - Distant Drums - Good Sam - High School Confidential - Love Happy - Sands of Iwo Jima - South of St. Louis - Try and Get Me (aka The Sound of Fury) - So This is New York - Arch of Triumph - Caught - The Lost Moment - Men in War - The Other Love - Cauldron of Blood - Beware, My Lovely - Outrage - Dr. Terror's House of Horrors - Man on the Roof - The Adalen Riots - Elvira Madigan - Raven's End - Fedora - The Stationmaster's Wife (Uncut Version) - Dead Heat on Beethoven Street (Uncut never-before-seen version) - J'Accuse (1938) - Ophelia (Chabrol) - The World's Most Beautiful Swindlers - Guilty of Romance - Himizu - and more Blu-ray releases of the previously released DVDs

More Upcoming Titles - To Be Announced... :)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
MisterLime said:

Betty Boop Volume 3 - Betty Boop Volume 4 - The Pawnbroker - The Bells of St. Mary - Stranger on the Prowl - Sleep My Love - Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid - That's My Man - I've Always Loved You - Magnificent Doll - Forever Female - Up the Junction - Home of the Brave - Johnny Come Lately - Flying Tigers - The North Star and the alternate shorter version Armored Attack - Operation Petticoat - Distant Drums - Good Sam - High School Confidential - Love Happy - Sands of Iwo Jima - South of St. Louis - Try and Get Me (aka The Sound of Fury) - So This is New York - Arch of Triumph - Caught - The Lost Moment - Men in War - The Other Love - Cauldron of Blood - Beware, My Lovely - Outrage - Dr. Terror's House of Horrors - Man on the Roof - The Adalen Riots - Elvira Madigan - Raven's End - Fedora - The Stationmaster's Wife (Uncut Version) - Dead Heat on Beethoven Street (Uncut never-before-seen version) - J'Accuse (1938) - Ophelia (Chabrol) - The World's Most Beautiful Swindlers - Guilty of Romance - Himizu - and more Blu-ray releases of the previously released DVDs

Lots of good stuff there. I will continue to be a regular Olive Films customer.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
A minor consideration for some, but something I like, the continuation of using original ad art for covers, on at least the Republic releases. I was none too happy with the bizarre cover of KISS TOMORROW GOODBYE.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
My big 4 still there
Beware my Lovely
Mr Peabody
Dr Terror
Sleep My Love

Could be interested inCauldron of Blood
Stranger on the Prowl
Operation Petticoat
Try and Get Me

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I'd appreciate it if Olive would reconsider COUNT DRACULA. Unless Olive doesn't really have the rights after all.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
MisterLime said:

With the pending completion of Olive's remarkable output of John Wayne titles, how about a Wayne Mega Set containing all of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks