What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (1 Viewer)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
well I emailed Olive and they replied back to me, saying they made a mistake with their reply to David Weaver about the film and aren't getting MoPB, bummer :( !
Misterlime was right (unfortunately) :)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
IIRC, Olive takes December off from releases, so I wouldn't be surprised to see November have The Bells of St. Mary's on its schedule.

Hopefully my most anticipated title, The Pawnbroker, makes it out in October or November.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
David Steigman said:
well I emailed Olive and they replied back to me, saying they made a mistake with their reply to David Weaver about the film and aren't getting MoPB, bummer :( !Misterlime was right (unfortunately) :)
Wow! They replied to your email? Might be a first!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
bgart13 said:
Wow! They replied to your email? Might be a first!
I message them on Facebook sometimes. They like my suggestion for a coffee mug ..they told me to stay tuned for Beware My Lovely news also.
Ive given them some movie suggestions and requested they get the extras for Dr Terror for the Blu ray release...I think one of the reasons its taking this long is they are trying to do something special for that title like Witchboard II. I could be wrong of course but its just a hunch. Misterlime could announce it on this page and thats that :)

Nailwraps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony DiPaola
MisterLime said:
WITCHBOARD 2: THE DEVIL'S DOORWAY - SPECIAL FEATURES

• AUDIO COMMENTARY with writer and director KEVIN S. TENNEY
• BEHIND-THE-SCENES FEATURETTE – Includes interviews with AMI DOLENZ,
LARAINE NEWMAN, TIMOTHY GIBBS, JULIE MICHAELS, KEVIN S. TENNEY
and others
• Two Deleted Scenes
• Two Home Video Trailers
• Three TV Spots
I'm digging the special features. Now why can't Olive do this with their titles more often (especially porting over extras from the Lionsgate releases of the Republic library)?

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
According to Olive's Facebook page, they plan to release I've Always Loved You, Magnificent Doll, and That's My Man next year.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Nailwraps said:
I'm digging the special features. Now why can't Olive do this with their titles more often (especially porting over extras from the Lionsgate releases of the Republic library)?
Mainly because many of the cast and crew of their older titles are dead ? Maybe they know the horror movies sell so well that they want to include some stuff to sweeten the pot even more ? Who knows. I know Ticks had extras on it as well

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Nailwraps said:
Could be a rights issue of the kind that prevents Twilight Time from porting over extras from previous DVD releases of films they license.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I really think this thread should move to the Blu Ray section and merge with the Olive thread there, which is largely redundant. I doubt most of the people who read this thread are buying the SD releases of Olive titles and shouldn't the posts of the Olive "insider" MisterLime be where the most people will read them? Just a friendly suggestion. :)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Professor Echo said:
I really think this thread should move to the Blu Ray section and merge with the Olive thread there, which is largely redundant. I doubt most of the people who read this thread are buying the SD releases of Olive titles and shouldn't the posts of the Olive "insider" MisterLime be where the most people will read them? Just a friendly suggestion. :)
There is a specific reason the threads are kept separate - there is to be no critical discussion of Olive here, but it's allowed in the other thread.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Professor Echo said:
Because this is an 'informational' thread, and the other is a 'discussion' thread.

And basically, there are a lot of people who went overboard with the negativity and personal agendas. While that is accepted in a discussion thread, it tended to overwhelm the flow of actual information. And almost drove away the people who were passing on the information.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
To quote disconnected youth everywhere: Whatever. Two threads are redundant and the no critical rule seems unnecessary to me, but I don't make 'em, I only break 'em. ;)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Mr. Echo, the Olive thread is just fine here. There are still a handful of us who don't worship at the altar of the Blu-ray god! Two threads are hardly redundant. One is for the blu ray fanboys and the other for the SD crowd. Everybody is happy and no one is left out.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Moe Dickstein said:
Amazing that anyone would deny themselves HD at this point and actually seem proud to admit it.
That sounds suspiciously like "Amazing that anyone would deny the existence of God at this point and actually seem proud to admit it"! Non-believers are as fervent in their beliefs as Christians, Mr. Dickstein, though understandably not as popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks