What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (2 Viewers)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Ken_Martinez said:
Will we see Betty Boop Volume 3 this year? Perhaps November?
Maybe before then they could go back and redo some of the botched Betty Boop shorts and this time get the aspect ratio right.

Ooops wrong thread for discussion, i keep getting this one and the other one mixed up....sorry.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Man on the Roof and Dead Pigeon are two i have wanted since i saw them last in the 70s. Several others are definate purchases, esp. the noirs.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Are these releases "region free"? I mean e.g. DVDBeaver often lists them as "region A locked", but e.g. Blu-ray.com says "region free". There are also reports that e.g. "Sands of the Kalahari" and "Tales that Witness Madness" are "region free" (Beaver says "A").

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jari K said:
Are these releases "region free"? I mean e.g. DVDBeaver often lists them as "region A locked", but e.g. Blu-ray.com says "region free". There are also reports that e.g. "Sands of the Kalahari" and "Tales that Witness Madness" are "region free" (Beaver says "A").
They're Region A locked.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Robert Crawford said:
They're Region A locked.
That's not true, Robert. Some, probably all of the newer releases are definitely Region A locked - don't know whether there are any exceptions I only checked Cloak and Dagger and Hoodlum Empire, but the older ones, e.g. Hannie Caulder and Sands of the Kalahari are not region coded, they work both on my Region B player and I think there are many more region free discs from Olive from the "early" days.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Marcel H. said:
That's not true, Robert. Some, probably all of the newer releases are definitely Region A locked - don't know whether there are any exceptions I only checked Cloak and Dagger and Hoodlum Empire, but the older ones, e.g. Hannie Caulder and Sands of the Kalahari are not region coded, they work both on my Region B player and I think there are many more region free discs from Olive from the "early" days.
Then I stand corrected as all of the Olive titles I own are locked.

Simon Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon Lewis
Based on the Olive titles I own, it seems that Olive started region A locking around November 2012. All my Olive titles before that were region AB, everything from "Twilights Last Gleaming" and "The Trap" have been region A locked.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Speaking of William Powell (post 2151 above), unless I'm mistaken "The Senator Was Indiscreet" was a Republic release.
Will this be coming via Olive?

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
MisterLime said:
Coming in 2013 and 2014 from Olive Films

Betty Boop Volume 3 - Betty Boop Volume 4 - The Pawnbroker - The Bells of St. Mary - Stranger on the Prowl - Sleep My Love - Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid - That's My Man - I've Always Loved You - Magnificent Doll - Forever Female - Up the Junction - Home of the Brave - Johnny Come Lately - Flying Tigers - The North Star and the alternate shorter version Armored Attack - Operation Petticoat - Distant Drums - Good Sam - High School Confidential - Love Happy - Sands of Iwo Jima - South of St. Louis - Try and Get Me (aka The Sound of Fury) - So This is New York - Arch of Triumph - Caught - The Lost Moment - Men in War - The Other Love - Cauldron of Blood - Beware, My Lovely - Outrage - Dr. Terror's House of Horrors - Man on the Roof - The Adalen Riots - Elvira Madigan - Raven's End - Fedora - The Stationmaster's Wife (Uncut Version) - Dead Heat on Beethoven Street (Uncut never-before-seen version) - J'Accuse (1938) - Ophelia (Chabrol) - The World's Most Beautiful Swindlers - Guilty of Romance - Himizu - and more Blu-ray releases of the previously released DVDs

More Upcoming Titles - To Be Announced... :)
So Olive has more inventory to share with us. Wonderful news. I'm still haven't caught up with previous releases.

Mister Lime, keep the news coming.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
kingfish said:
men in war is one of my favorites. a little known actor made his debut vic morrow. ;)
Nope, he debuted in BLACKBOARD JUNGLE. He also did two other features and some TV before MEN IN WAR.

Mike S.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Have Young at Heart and Cry Danger been rescheduled for January as a couple of retailers have shown a 01-21-2014 release date?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
David Steigman said:
Yes they have..Import CDs has them listed for Jan. 21 2014
Yet, DD has them releasing on October 15th. Hopefully, MisterLime can clairfied which date is correct.

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
I wonder if Olive is going to release the 85 or 91 minute version of Love Happy. The longer version was missing the scene in which Groucho observes that the show would have been saved if Vera-Ellen had accepted the sardines Harpo gave her.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Robert Crawford said:
Yet, DD has them releasing on October 15th. Hopefully, MisterLime can clairfied which date is correct.
Amazon has it for Jan. 2014 as well. Im certain its been pushed back , just some websites are faster than others with the updating :)

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
MisterLime said:
Coming in 2013 and 2014 from Olive Films

Betty Boop Volume 3 - Betty Boop Volume 4 - The Pawnbroker - The Bells of St. Mary - Stranger on the Prowl - Sleep My Love - Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid - That's My Man - I've Always Loved You - Magnificent Doll - Forever Female - Up the Junction - Home of the Brave - Johnny Come Lately - Flying Tigers - The North Star and the alternate shorter version Armored Attack - Operation Petticoat - Distant Drums - Good Sam - High School Confidential - Love Happy - Sands of Iwo Jima - South of St. Louis - Try and Get Me (aka The Sound of Fury) - So This is New York - Arch of Triumph - Caught - The Lost Moment - Men in War - The Other Love - Cauldron of Blood - Beware, My Lovely - Outrage - Dr. Terror's House of Horrors - Man on the Roof - The Adalen Riots - Elvira Madigan - Raven's End - Fedora - The Stationmaster's Wife (Uncut Version) - Dead Heat on Beethoven Street (Uncut never-before-seen version) - J'Accuse (1938) - Ophelia (Chabrol) - The World's Most Beautiful Swindlers - Guilty of Romance - Himizu - and more Blu-ray releases of the previously released DVDs

More Upcoming Titles - To Be Announced... :)
FINALLY, we are getting The Bells of St. Mary's, Flying Tigers, Operation Petticoat, Distant Drums, and my most wanted Olive title; Sands of Iwo Jima.
Distant Drums: the first appearance of the Wilhelm Scream
Sands of Iwo Jima: John Wayne's first Oscar nomination.

I hope these listed above come sooner rather than later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks