What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (2 Viewers)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
MisterLime said:
WITCHBOARD 2: THE DEVIL'S DOORWAY - REVISED AUDIO COMMENTARY
AUDIO COMMENTARY with writer/director KEVIN S. TENNEY and actors JULIE MICHAELS and JOHN GATINS
• BEHIND-THE-SCENES FEATURETTE – Includes interviews with AMI DOLENZ,
LARAINE NEWMAN, TIMOTHY GIBBS, JULIE MICHAELS, KEVIN S. TENNEY
and others
• Two Deleted Scenes
• Two Home Video Trailers
• Three TV Spots

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
YOUNG AT HEART - DVD & BD ART

Attachments

• YAH.jpg
    YAH.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 22

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Moe Dickstein said:
It's not a DVD/Blu separation, it's so that MrLime feels he can share here without dissension. It's all there in the older posts.
Yes, this is old news. As it's been for the past few months, this thread is suppose to be focused on the announcement and discussion of upcoming titles while the thread in the blu-ray subsection is for general discussion about Olive and where most of the discussion about their recent and past video releases regularly go.

It's similar to the two separate Warner Archive mega-threads in the DVD subsection in that regard.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Thomas T said:
That sounds suspiciously like "Amazing that anyone would deny the existence of God at this point and actually seem proud to admit it"! Non-believers are as fervent in their beliefs as Christians, Mr. Dickstein, though understandably not as popular.
Or maybe it has something to do with the industry's long-standing committment to planned obsolescence: Beta > VHS > Laserdisc > DVD > Blu-ray. They're already planning a "violet" upgrade from Blu, which means the whole process will start all over again.

Additionally, 95% of what I buy (translation: pre-STAR WARS) is not and likely never will be on Blu-Ray, so why bother?

It's not a "religious" decision, merely a common sense one.

Mike S.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
JoHud said:
Yes, this is old news. As it's been for the past few months, this thread is suppose to be focused on the announcement and discussion of upcoming titles while the thread in the blu-ray subsection is for general discussion about Olive and where most of the discussion about their recent and past video releases regularly go.It's similar to the two separate Warner Archive mega-threads in the DVD subsection in that regard.
My original suggestion was simply to consider moving this thread to the Blu section where more people would see it OR merge it, not necessarily just to merge the two. I stand by at least the moving idea since judging by the numbers I don't think the DVD forum gets a lot of traffic anymore. Management even allows Robert Harris' SD reviews to stand in the Blu forum without debate though I have no idea why.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mike Frezon said:
...And, I just checked...the Amazon pre-order for the Blu of Young at Heart is $20.97.

Import CDs will have it at for 14.19 if you can wait a little bit longer :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I should.

But I don't know if I can...

:biggrin:

I figured the $20.97 was a decent pricepoint given that most of Olive's Blus come in for $24.99 at Amazon.

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
"Fedora" has a superlative score by the great Miklos Rozsa. Sadly, it was not well mixed into the final cut of the film yet it remains a vibrant audio recording that reflects the kind of movie "Fedora" ought to have been rather than what it was.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Virgoan said:
"Fedora" has a superlative score by the great Miklos Rozsa. Sadly, it was not well mixed into the final cut of the film yet it remains a vibrant audio recording that reflects the kind of movie "Fedora" ought to have been rather than what it was.
. . . . which reminds me that we're still waiting for the BRD of Fedora.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
cadavra said:
Or maybe it has something to do with the industry's long-standing committment to planned obsolescence: Beta > VHS > Laserdisc > DVD > Blu-ray. They're already planning a "violet" upgrade from Blu, which means the whole process will start all over again.

Additionally, 95% of what I buy (translation: pre-STAR WARS) is not and likely never will be on Blu-Ray, so why bother?

It's not a "religious" decision, merely a common sense one.

Mike S.
Not to beat dead horses again but physical media is in its twilight (not a coincidence that Twilight Time chose that name). Downloading and streaming are the future and it's already here! Blu has never taken off the way DVD did and catalog titles (with the welcome exception of niche labels like Olive) are relegated for the most part to MOD whether for the good (Warners) or the bad (Fox).

The younger generation aren't interested in physical media and amusingly (or perhaps not), looking at my massive DVD library (4,000 plus titles), my nephews sighed, "What are we going to do with all this junk after you die!"

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
David Steigman said:
Import Cds has The Big Combo and Plunder Road blu rays for 14.19 and ready for pre-order :)
I ordered those two plus Shack Out on 101. I figured out that Import CDs doesn't take pre-orders until a month prior to the street date. With shipping the order came to $48.54, about $16 per title. They would have cost me $75 at Amazon. Import CDs has slow shipping but they have yet to screw up an order for me, so I'm willing to be patient if it means saving 35%.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Thomas T said:
Not to beat dead horses again but physical media is in its twilight (not a coincidence that Twilight Time chose that name). Downloading and streaming are the future and it's already here! Blu has never taken off the way DVD did and catalog titles (with the welcome exception of niche labels like Olive) are relegated for the most part to MOD whether for the good (Warners) or the bad (Fox).

The younger generation aren't interested in physical media and amusingly (or perhaps not), looking at my massive DVD library (4,000 plus titles), my nephews sighed, "What are we going to do with all this junk after you die!"
Which was kind of my point. I'm NOT the younger generation--we geezers love physical media, that whole holding it in your hands feeling--and the stuff we buy largely won't be on Blu for that very reason. Downloading is a chore, plus if there are extras you don't get 'em.

As for when I'm dead...it won't be my problem. ;)

Mike S.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
DVD and Blu Ray are not going anywhere for a long time...downloading is for some audiences but not all
What's that go to do with Olive films ?
Nothing yet
More announcements ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks