What's new

Chuck - Season Four (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I guess I'm out. I loved S1/2, and though S3 got pretty contrived, but S4 just seems almost loveboat like with crazy cameos and stories that don't seem to make sense at all. His mother has suddenly become Lucy from Peanuts, constantly pulling the ball, and the storylines just don't get me.

The fact he had 95% of his mind wiped ad yet, is still walking, talking, able to work.. etc...

I'm glad it's working for others, after last night, I'll drop it from my DVR and just move on :( Good luck, Chuck!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by spshultz

I absolutely loved Morgan doing "John McClane" from Die Hard.
Me too. The final beat with him futilely trying to pull the taped gun off his back was the hardest I've laughed with this show in a long, long time. Fun episode, other than completely ignoring the consequences of what happen in Thailand. If they didn't want to deal with the fallout of having 95 percent of his brain wiped, they shouldn't have shown 95 percent of his brain getting wiped. That said, everything involving Papa Bartowski's super-laptop was exceptional.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The only thing I would have done differently would have been to have had Casey rip the gun off of Morgan's back, with the resulting pain from the tape. But, maybe that's why I'm a watcher and not a creator.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Actually, having Casey rip off the gun (and tape) would have fit right in with this show. Hmm. What line would he say before doing so?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Another good episode. For me, the last two have been a much needed reprieve from a severe slump this season. I really liked Dalton's guest role. He has a lot of charisma and gravitas in the role of Alexey. He's one of the best guest stars Chuck has had.

But what...no guesses on the Charades? Movie. Three Words. Performed by Timothy Dalton. "The Living Daylights", perhaps? :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Loved the hell out of that. That Broken Lizard guy directs some fine episodes. Brimful of Asha, Jeffstersnake, the easy swing between comedy and drama. Just top notch.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Agreed. A great hour of television. The Chuck/Sarah relationship was at its strongest, with Sarah finally ready to go all in. The inevitable obstacle wasn't something contrived but something essential to the arc of the season. And Sarah isn't doing it to run from Chuck, she's doing it so she can ultimately be with Chuck.

I love that two people as different Casey and Morgan can bond over their shared love for the people around them.

I think my favorite part, though, was that Lester didn't get the girl. Zachari Levi getting the girl I can buy, because we've seen the legwork, and -- let's face it -- he's not so bad to look at despite all of the ways the show nerds him up. Morgan getting Casey's daughter is more of a stretch, since Morgan's no where near so good looking. But at least he's a nice guy who tries really hard to do the right thing. Lester's a gross asshole, and if they'd paired him up with Miss India USA 1995 it would have taken geek service to an outrageous extreme.

And while I know it was done for budget reasons, I'm really liking them switching off between Big Mike/Lester/Jeff episodes and Ellie/Awesome episodes. It gives the show a bit more room to breathe.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My God. Sarah in skin-tight black leather. I just . . . there are no words. I like her blonde, but I could get used to those raven tresses as well. What an amazing woman.

They managed to sneak everyone in this week except Beckman. Even the big Hamilton and Dalton roles. This must have been a budget buster!

Hopefully, this link will make you smile just a little:

http://tinyurl.com/45a8hhj

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Why did you link to an IKEA page? I must be an episode behind again. I wish you people would all get Tivos and watch on my schedule!!!

:)

So two episodes ago: quite strong. I really liked that Chuck was ready and able to propose, and he was thwarted by events and not self-sabotaging. Loved Sarah secretly running the op to get Chuck to propose to her :)

Lester being himself and not getting the girl was ... an uncomfortable five minutes... well done and fit the show.

They seem on target to have a strong finish to the season. I agree with my wife that this should be the final season. End it strong, get Chuck and Sarah married, have a proper send off to the characters, and we can reminisce over DVD re-watches :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Now you know about Grunka. And maybe you and your wife can stop with this crazy last season talk. My own position is that Chuck is the greatest show that ever was or ever will be, but I admit to being a bit extreme in my views.

No hugs? No homie love? I figured JoshEH would be all over Sarah this week! Chuck's reaction reminded me of when Gloria wore a wig and was upset when Meathead was especially turned on by it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My wife enjoyed that link :)

But especially after these past two episodes, I hope they wrap it up and conclude the series. I'd rather a strong ending than going two seasons past the prime and fizzling to a milquetoast end like, say, Alias. (and almost every show of this ilk :)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Schizophrenic season for me. Great moments can be found in each episode but the season arc is nonsensical. Especially the 20 years mission silliness for MamaB. I like Linda Hamilton but feel nothing for the character.

Timothy Dalton has been fantastic.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma

Timothy Dalton has been fantastic.
He's may have been their best guest star, (though Nicole Richie was surprisingly good in her part). I've believed him completely both when he was the goofy, semi-competent handler, and now as the ultimate, evil mastermind of Volkoff industries. He inhabits his role like Adam Baldwin does.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks