What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Chuck - Season Four (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
"??? You're feeding for me!"

A pretty good episode (graded on Chuck standards), with some great humor from Volkoff's mom and Casey.

The "Las Vecas" gag was ridiculous, even by Chuck standards. Awesome would not have made such a gaffe.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I loved Linda Hamilton doing pull-ups in her jail cell. A nice call out to Terminator 2.

Quite a few references to movies of yesteryear in this episode.

I hope Chuck is renewed.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've got to look through some of the blind rumors and see if Sarah's death fits. Surely they'll have a way to save her, though we haven't seen a block on the weapon yet. That would be a punk way to get out of marrying the two.

Favorite part: "It's a-me! Mario!" Also liked when the James Bond clone was about to give a big "Did you really think you'd get away with it?" speech and Riley cut him off mid-sentence with a bullet. Not that I applauded the action, but it's just something you don't usually see.

I had to turn on the captioning for Morgan's dialogue about Breaking Bad. His voice was really weird on that part.

Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

I'm still half-expecting Vivian to be revealed as Chuck's half-sister.

Since she is working with DNA, it's possible she could discover that for herself. I don't think Mary has given any kind of cue that Vivian is her daughter, though.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think this is the end for "Chuck". I really haven't enjoyed this season nearly as much as previous seasons.. but I catch it on DVR. Some good bits in last night's ep.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A decent episode with a shocker ending. I'm surprised that's not the season ending. I still love all the characters / actors. But the stories and silliness, that was so fresh that first season, is nit compelling to me. I don't know that I'll watch next season. But I hope for a stupendous season ender!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

Since she is working with DNA, it's possible she could discover that for herself. I don't think Mary has given any kind of cue that Vivian is her daughter, though.

Other than the fact that Frost was Volkoff's lover for two decades, the thing that set me thinking that was that Mary was absolutely convinced that Vivian wouldn't kill her. This led me to believe that she had a "Luke, I am your father" card up her sleeve if things got really desperate.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
13 episode pickups for Chuck seem to be the best. It allows them to have a mini-arc, and then if they get a back-end pickup, another separate (but related) story.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Originally Posted by AlexF

13 episode pickups for Chuck seem to be the best. It allows them to have a mini-arc, and then if they get a back-end pickup, another separate (but related) story.

Which if this happens, Season 5 will end on it's 100th episode.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Good news on the renewal. The tv by the numbers site gave it just a 25% chance of renewal.

Still hoping we get a Jeffster spin-off or at least a cd. [/url]

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Nighthawk. Get it? Knight Rider/Streethawk? That's the vibe I got, anyway. If that had been the only thing new, it would have totally changed the dynamic on its own. The last five minutes changed everything, however. I hope Chuck bought or kept the bike. I'm OK with Morgan being the Intersect if it means continuing to show Chuck as competent without it. Like most of Chuck's finales, this could have served as a series finale but it'd would have driven me nuts. Now we can see a bit of the Jet Set Bartowskis.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, after the last five minutes I'm VERY thankful this show got a fifth season. And I'm equally thankful that Schwartz and Fedak are going into it knowing that it's the final season. That means they can build toward a finale without a cliffhanger jumping off point.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I hope they don't keep Morgan as the intersect. Especially, after he just told his gf he wouldn't do it. I do like how they set up things for a final season. On a side note. Does anyone think that Chuck's dad is still alive? Only reason I say this is that when Chuck mentions his dad being killed to Burgi's character he makes a short laugh. Remember, everything has been part of his groups plan.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
You know, I felt as though it was the best episode of the season; but I felt like the end was "tacked on". Really, if there was ever a fitting moment to end the series on, it was those two getting married and taking over the BuyMore "We're out". I thought that was the best possible setup to close right there and say "thanks for four great years".

I realize it's been renewed, but I'll say that I found this last season really uneven; the setup for next season looks as though it was a last minute hail mary against a great backdrop to close it. I'm hoping this isn't like a Buffy Season 5-Season 6, where Season 5 had probably one of the best potential series closers out there; and Season 6 had to claw it apart..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks