What's new

Can I use my receiver with this setup? (1 Viewer)

shaner82

Auditioning
Real Name
Mustang07
This is my first post here, but now that I'm starting to build my home theater, it definitely wont' be the last.

Anyway, like I said, I'm putting together a nice home theater system. It won't be the best by any means, but it will be far from the worst. My problem is a lack of money, so I've started building it slowly, piece by piece.

I purchased a nice Pioneer 7.1 receiver. I also purchased a nice set of Polk Audio front tower speakers. That's all I have right now. In the near future I will be getting the rest. In the meantime, can I use just my front tower speakers for now until I get the rest, or would I need a 2.1 receiver to do that?

Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I truly am a noob to this home theater stuff. I have been doing lots of reading though and am trying to learn. I'll get there, but I may ask some dumb questions along the way.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You can go into the speaker setup menu and set the sub woofer, center, surround and surround back speakers to OFF, or let the receivers MCACC automatic setup program do it for you.

You might want to set the fronts to Small and the crossover to 50 to protect them from large amounts of damaging bass. You can make these changes after you run MCACC.

shaner82

Auditioning
Real Name
Mustang07
Ok, thanks for the help. I'll do what you suggested.

At least I can use them in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks