What's new

BOETTICHER/SCOTT SET (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not surprising considering Scorsese's friendship with Powell and his long-term relationship with Powell's widow.

Crawdaddy

Bill:N

Stunt Coordinator
Classicflix.com indicates some of the extras are as follows:

-Audio Commentary with Film Historian Jeanine Basinger
-Audio Commentary with Film Historian Jeremy Arnold
-Audio Commentary with Taylor Hackford
-Clint Eastwood on "Comanche Station" TBD
-Martin Scorsese on "The Tall T"
-Taylor Hackford on "Buchanan Rides Alone"
-Taylor Hackford on "Decision at Sundown"
-Martin Scorsese on "Ride Lonesome"
-"Budd Boetticher: A Man Can Do That" Documentary

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
I just hope they don't screw this set up with terrible cover art like the Hammer Icons of Adventure and Martini Movies releases.

It sounds like everything else is in place for a wonderful release that gives these films the treatment they deserve.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
What is your customs limit? I think mine is AUD$250, which is currently about 115 pounds.

In the ten years I've bought DVDs from the U.S. I've never had to pay any customs fees or taxes. If I made an order that was over AUD$250, then I think I would have to pay 10% GST.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Our limit in the UK is £18 (AUD$36-ish). I hate customs fees, almost as much as the Royal Mail 'handling fee' they make you pay should your item be nabbed and held to ransom...

Simon Howson

Screenwriter

That's nuts! What has the U.K. government got against e-commerce!?

I do 1 or 2 big orders a month from DVDpacific, only about 1 or 2 PER YEAR get caught by customs, which adds a 4 or 5 day delay.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
The Amazon US price for this is $35.99 (about $7 a film) quite a bit lower then I expected which is great news.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Better jump on that price now because with a MSRP of $59.95 with a 30% discount it was $41.97 yesterday. Today they're showing the MSRP being $39.99 with a 10% discount making the sell price $35.99

Crawdaddy

JohnRa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Needham

Now it's up to $44.99. I had it in my cart and didn't finish the order. :frowning:

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

I jumped.......and got it. Sort of a hollow victory since now there's some chatter on other sites that this is coming soon to BD.

If a BD version doesn't get announced before the DVD set comes out then I have a bit of a dilemma.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter

Jim K --

Would it be possible for you to share the addresses of the sites where you have seen this chatter?

Thank you.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter

Thank you.

I'll confess; I had a hard time jumping into that thread and trying to make sense of some of the posts. For now, I'll be happy enough to finally get these films on SD (I've certainly waited long enough). If they do ultimately come out on BD, then I'll double-dip, without hesitation.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Yeah you have to read between the lines a bit as he tends to be overly coy to the point of being annoying with the guessing games. That said his leaks are pretty reliable which is why I occasionally scan that thread.

Like you I've been waiting years for these films but I'll be kicking myself if it gets released on BD 6 months after I buy the DVD set - hence the dilemma.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Interesting, but I'm still going to get this boxset because it maybe two years from now before we get the Blu-ray release.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
When Grover Crisp talked about this set, and showed a clip from the HD master of one of the films, at HME in June 2008, I do not recall any discussion about release on Blu-ray, although it was unclear to me whether the set was being released on SD-DVD or Blu-Ray. I suspect that if a Blu-Ray set has not been announced already, it will not be forthcoming anytime in the near future. Unless a Blu-Ray edition is announced by the release date of the SD-DVD, I will definitely be picking up this set on SD-DVD. These are great films.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have an important clarification for all of you...

This box set, called The Films of Budd Boetticher, is not coming
out on Blu-ray. It is a regular DVD release only, and the first of
what Sony hopes will be a lot of releases in collaboration with the
Film Foundation, under the umbrella title of The Collector's Choice. Sony
has designed these with the true film fan in mind. Also, the design
of the packaging in no way resembles the Martini Movies. So, there
no need to wait thinking six months later it will be re-released on BD.
Not in the cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks