What's new

Press Release Criterion Press Release: The Ranown Westerns: Five Films Directed by Budd Boetticher (1957-1960) (4k UHD Combo) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I would have expected no other reply from you :)
I don't know what you mean by that as I've been pretty critical of iTunes and studios not upgrading their digitals. Case in point, Warner Archive scans not appearing on iTunes or any other streaming service except HBO Max.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Too expensive for me to purchase these a 3rd time on Blu Ray. Maybe on a half off sale but thats still more than the Indicator set was. I'm actually happy with that. I would have preferred this set with some Randolph Scott titles not already on Blu Ray.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'm just hoping that someone could convince the wayne family to liscense Seven Men From Now to a label like criterion. Didn't Paramount release that dvd?

I read rumors that Criterion did license 7 Men From Now but now I am thinking someone thought it was among the titles coming in this set. My guess is someone got hold of the info that Criterion had got hold of a bunch of these and just jumped to the conclusion that 7 Men was one of the titles.

Now, I am thinking maybe the Paramount Presents line would be who might eventually release 7 Men.

I believe Warner Archive would be who would release Westbound.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Too expensive for me to purchase these a 3rd time on Blu Ray. Maybe on a half off sale but thats still more than the Indicator set was. I'm actually happy with that. I would have preferred this set with some Randolph Scott titles not already on Blu Ray.
Again, this 4K box will release on July 18th during the middle of Barnes & Noble's Criterion 50% off sale which means about $75.00 plus whatever sales tax for those that live in the States.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty confident knowing Sony's reputation that this 4K set will surpass that Indicator BD set.

Indicator did a great job with what they got but the previous masters while good enough for Blu-ray were pretty old. This set should give us a significant uptick in detail and hopefully a restrained HDR grade.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Is it known if the original camera negatives for these movies still exist?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks