What's new

Pre-Order Randolph Scott 12-Movie Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81At00DOd9L._SY679_.jpg

Six Discs, English Subtitles

The Desperadoes
The Nevadan
Santa Fe
Man in the Saddle
Hangman's Knot
The Stranger Wore a Gun
A Lawless Street
The Tall T
Decision At Sundown
Buchanan Rides Alone
Ride Lonesome
Comanche Station

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
solid sounding set, especially for those of us who missed out on that Indicator set, with more than twice films of that release. Wondering if any of the extras will be ported over, hoping at least for something, and assuming that Grover Crisp and those at Sony will provide quality to Millcreek for this release.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Interesting, if I recall from this board correctly, at the time of the Indicator release Sony said the films wouldn't be released on blu ray in the USA because quality elements did not exist. Now Mill Creek is releasing those films and more. Have restorations of these films been made so that it is now OK to release the films now ? It might have been a discussion with Twilight Time about the possibility of their releasing the films and they saying Sony wouldn't make the films available because of the elements. Just going by memory which may be faulty.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm not sure the standards at Mill Creek are as high as with some other companies. I don't have a ton of their discs, but those I do have I'd describe as adequate and watchable, but nothing of reference quality.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'm not sure the standards at Mill Creek are as high as with some other companies. I don't have a ton of their discs, but those I do have I'd describe as adequate and watchable, but nothing of reference quality.

If I were Mill Creek, I would consider creating a "prestige" label as Olive did with Olive Signature and create sets for the collector's market one movie per disc (at a higher price point natch) and then do another release with their six films on one disc they are arguably known for :cool:.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm in the opposite position. The few Mill Creek discs I have are all top quality. Remember: Mill Creek was the boutique label that got The Lady from Shanghai right after two other labels had released discs with problems.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I already have the Indicator set, but several of those additional movies are solid B+ movies. I've seen a few on either the MGM or HDNET channels and they look pretty darn good, so I may get this set, too.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Who else might Sony through Mill Creek do a multi film release in the future? Columbia didn't have many stars under contract during the studio system. The ones that come to mind are Kim Novak, Jack Lemmon, Judy Holiday, Jean Arthur, and maybe Rosalind Russell. From "B' Westerns there was Charles Starrett, The Durango Kid .

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have the last five titles on BD with the Indicator Boxset. There are four titles I have on DVD with one of them being on HD Digital too. The three titles in bold, I don't have on any home video format. At the right price, I'll probably buy this BD Boxset despite some duplicates, but will probably wait to purchase during some kind of sale at one of the online retailers.

The Desperadoes (DVD/HD Digital)
The Nevadan
Santa Fe

Man in the Saddle (DVD)
Hangman's Knot (DVD)
The Stranger Wore a Gun (DVD)
A Lawless Street
The Tall T
Decision At Sundown
Buchanan Rides Alone
Ride Lonesome
Comanche Station

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Interesting, if I recall from this board correctly, at the time of the Indicator release Sony said the films wouldn't be released on blu ray in the USA because quality elements did not exist. Now Mill Creek is releasing those films and more. Have restorations of these films been made so that it is now OK to release the films now ? It might have been a discussion with Twilight Time about the possibility of their releasing the films and they saying Sony wouldn't make the films available because of the elements. Just going by memory which may be faulty.
These will be the same masters as Indicators set but with lower bitrates. The Indicator set looked very good considering they were older HD masters. Sony did not say quality elements did not exist it was just pointed out that the masters were older HD masters.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, I do have the Indicator set but this is kind of a western fan's dream as it puts all these titles in one collection. I will certainly pick this up and if you like Scott, missed the Indicator box, this is a no brainer and really just fantastic news.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yeah I wish they would have released other unreleased titles like 7th Cavalry, Coroners Creek and Ten Wanted Men instead of all the duplicates.
Well, this is a US release and I believe the Indicator box was a UK release so these are all first time on Blu-ray US releases. It makes sense they would put them all in one box because for collectors that are not purchasing discs from other countries this is an epic box set.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Well, this is a US release and I believe the Indicator box was a UK release so these are all first time on Blu-ray US releases. It makes sense they would put them all in one box because for collectors that are not purchasing discs from other countries this is an epic box set.
Yes true but there are several other titles that have not been released that could have been included instead. Sales for this most likely would have been better that way too. This would be an instant purchase for me but since I already have half of the titles and the list price is $75 for this I will not purchase it until it is heavily discounted down to $30-$35.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I don't have these in HD yet so will certainly be all in for this impressing set. Just a plea to Mill Creek to consider a set like this of peplum/sword and sandal movies that remain so under-represented in blu-ray. Some fun single titles in this genre are now appearing in Germany, which I scoop up immediately. Just LOVE my Hayworth set, and obviously the HD Salome. I'd bet a peplum set would do pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks