What's new
World Wide Stereo

Bipoles in the front? (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I am rebuilding my home theater system.Last year,I sold off my Klipsch/Onkyo system and most of my dvds to help out a good friend in need.I still have my SVs 25-31cs although I do need a new amp for it and was considering just getting one of the Dayton 10" subs from PE.

I am on a very tight budget right now and have been looking at Fluance and the Wharfedales at buy.com.They have bipoles for around $70 a pair and I was wondering if those could be used in the front at all,I also toyed with getting 3 of the centers they had for the front array and 2 pairs of the bipoles for the sides and rears.I will be using another Onkyo reciever.I have seen it at a few websites,6.1 for around $150.

Anything else I should be looking at,my "give or take" budget for speakers will be around $300

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
a bipolar speaker can be used as a front speaker if that's what it's designed for. definitive technology is an example.

many manufacturers' bipolar speakers are specifically designed to perform surround duties only, though, and are not meant to be used as mains.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Also take a look at the Klipsch Quintets. They should fit into your budget. I would be hesitant to use bipoles for mains unless they are specifically designed for that purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks