Bi Wiring a Yamaha AV

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by woztimewarp, Aug 1, 2010.

1. woztimewarp

woztimewarp Extra

Can you Bi wire speakers to the Yamaha RX-Z9.

2. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Yes you can but the benefits are debatable. You use speaker "A" for the woofers and speaker "B" for the tweeters. See pg 16.

3. woztimewarp

woztimewarp Extra

Do you have link. Because i cant find it. Also you think there isn't much benefit in bi wiring the speakers why?

4. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    You can't post links from Yamaha's downloads because you have to register on their site. But Here's what they had to say.

Bi-wired connection

"The unit also allows you to make bi-wired connections to one speaker system. Use two pairs of speaker cables for each speaker (one for the woofer and one for the tweeter/mid-range). To use bi-wired connections, press Speaker A and Speaker B on the front panel so the SP A and B light up on the front panel display."

And don't forget to remove the binding straps between the terminals first.

I and many other forum members have tried b-wiring and found that there just isn't any improvement in sound quality to be heard. Maybe in theory it sounds like a good idea but I just don't think it's worth the trouble. And my Swans actually have three sets of binding posts. B-amping is a different story but only if you use two power supplies, not just the 6/7 channels of a receiver in a 5.1 setup.