What's new

General Discussion BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (2003-2008) (1 Viewer)

Wes Candela

Visual Storytelling Enthusiast
Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
It was a terrific show and I've done at least three complete viewings of the show. One of the more interesting ways to consider the series is how its themes and story lines are informed by 9/11. (Secret attacks, rampant paranoia, civilian losses, etc.)

I completed my last viewing a while back (during Covid) and will probably spin it up again in a few years.

- Walter.
Oh yes, heavily informed by the 9/11 attacks and the technology at the time, I just love how they don't work the computers on the Galactica… At all… And when they do, they get a virus. It might seem minor to some people, but it was so forward-thinking in 2003 the only ship that is net worked

Also, also, here's a little tidbit of information in case people didn't know…
Have you noticed how all of the paper in the series is CapCut? With the corners cut off.

see below for an example

this was an inside joke between Production and sci-fi channel… How they were cutting every corner possible to make the show look as good as it possibly could in 2003. With the special effects and the soundtrack.

A little tribute to that is that every fracking piece of paper that you see

IMG_5297.jpeg
IMG_5298.jpeg

every Fracking piece of paper has the corners cut off of it, even photographs

Fracking brilliant idea. 💡

LEOBIN IS THE GREATEST.

copy_D2EC7BB2-9F8C-451B-B656-D080D422B4BD.gif

Last edited:

Wes Candela

Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
You guys are making want to rewatch this series. It‘s been 6 or 7 years since I watched it.
Hahaha
that's exactly what happened to me, but the differences I didn't question it. I just went with it and put it on.

I asked Jim, hey what episode are you on, because he's a virgin BSG fan

He said he was two episodes from the ending of season one

I told him you have no idea what you're in for

And within 30 minutes, I put it on at that spot and started re-watching again

so this will be my third, fourth, maybe fifth… Maybe sixth

It doesn't matter it's so perfect. I have no problems at all re-watching this.

So say we all (by the way that scene in the mini series where Adama stands up and starts yelling at the fleet

"SO SAY WE ALL!!!"

Totally improvised.
Un-Fracking-believable

Wes Candela

Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
For those with some morbid curiosity, here is the original thread for the series announcement and first season. Tread very carefully.
Nice, thank you Josh!!!

oh yeah, for the newbies be very careful of this thread

The final 6.
Earth
The dying leader
The arrow
There's too many things that go down in the four seasons it ran

with all of this renewed interest, they just asked Katie Sackoff if she would come back

she said it depended on
The script
Who else would return

Don't be surprised if we see Battlestar Galactica 2027

JimJasper

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim

I asked Jim, hey what episode are you on, because he's a virgin BSG fan

He said he was two episodes from the ending of season one

I told him you have no idea what you're in for

And within 30 minutes, I put it on at that spot and started re-watching again

so this will be my third, fourth, maybe fifth… Maybe sixth

It doesn't matter it's so perfect. I have no problems at all re-watching this.
Wes, this made me blast out laughing - spontaneous. It's awesome.
Glad you moved this to a different thread; the world must know

Just finished Season 1 ep 13 of 13 last Friday - it was intense; I was transfixed/transported.
Dense, complicated issues with the Cylons villains. Making my spine turn red :emoji_eggplant:

Then, WHAMMO! At the end of this last episode, I felt like I got shot in the guts with _______ .
I had time afterward the show. So given that cliffhanger, `wished I would've had season 2 at the ready, alas, I didn't - uggh.

So I just now went to the library and got S2 and S3.
See my exhibit 1 for the demanding court:

battlestar.g.S2.S3.pic.jpg

So I'm trying to follow your manipulative, strife-causing lies (kidding:rolling-smiley:) of the order
  1. Miniseries (Parts 1 & 2)
  2. Season 1 (13 Episodes)
  3. Season 2 (20 Episodes)
  4. The Resistance Webisodes (10 Mini Episodes)
  5. Season 3 (20 Episodes)
  6. Razor Flashbacks Webisodes ( 7 Episodes)
  7. Razor (Movie)
  8. Season 4.0 (10 Episodes)
  9. The Face Of The Enemy (10 Webisodes)
  10. Season 4.5 (11 Episodes)
  11. * The Plan

* Don't Bother Unless You Must

After Season 4, and 4.5, I saw at the library there is also, additionally, a "Final Season." How does that incorporate with your list above? Surely, more deceptive lies....you must be a Cylon, Wes. ....I'm starting to feel your knives digging in my back.
1709503376129.png

Help? From your above list, I found some #4 "The Resistance Webisodes" on youtube, but I don't know if they are complete, or best quality? Whilst I know links can all change tomorrow, if I could ask you, could you please provide some current YouTube links (or other links) of #4, if you wouldn't mind? So when I get there I can come back here click on that bitch, and charge forward.

Thanks again, for all the help and direction - the show is so fantastic, and definitely re-watchable. Anyway, I have to get back to Tricia Helfer having my baby.

Kate Mckinnon Flirt GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:

Wes Candela

Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela

Just finished Season 1 ep 13 of 13 last Friday - it was intense; I was transfixed/transported.
Dense, complicated issues with the Cylons villains. Making my spine turn red :emoji_eggplant:

Then, WHAMMO! At the end of this last episode, I felt like I got shot in the guts with _______ .
I had time afterward the show. So given that cliffhanger, `wished I would've had season 2 at the ready, alas, I didn't - uggh.

View attachment 215032

So I'm trying to follow your manipulative, strife-causing lies (kidding:rolling-smiley:) of the order
  7. Razor (Movie)
  11. * The Plan

After Season 4, and 4.5, I saw at the library there is also, additionally, a "Final Season." How does that incorporate with your list above? Surely, more deceptive lies....you must be a Cylon, Wes. ....I'm starting to feel your knives digging in my back.
View attachment 215033

Help? From your above list, I found some #4 "The Resistance Webisodes" on youtube, but I don't know if they are complete, or best quality? Whilst I know links can all change tomorrow, if I could ask you, could you please provide some current YouTube links (or other links) of #4, if you wouldn't mind? So when I get there I can come back here click on that bitch, and charge forward.

Thanks again, for all the help and direction - the show is so fantastic, and definitely re-watchable. Anyway, I have to get back to Tricia Helfer having my baby.

My bad, my brother I should’ve warned you dude… Get seadon two before you start the final episode of season one.
my bad totally also Ali will hunt down the best copies of the web episodes I can for you, but no, they are not in good quality. I think they were streaming online at 100 P or something if you know what I’m saying.

haha

When they say the final season

Season four and season three were divided into two separate seasons during the airing

Season 3.0
Season 3.5

razor the movie

Season 4.0
Season 4.5

When you finish season 4 episodes 19-21 are one long finale.

called daybreak

you will know when you hit the end there are no more seasons after that

They did release Three more movies though post-BSG finale, and they released a new series that failed

- Blood and chrome (about Will Adama a young recruit)

Fail

- Caprica
(Prequel to BSG… Interesting… Fail )
I’m going to say this was a good series,… Until it dropped dead

- Edwards James Olmos “The Plan”,( referring to the plan they are always talking about during the opening credits…fail)

You have to understand nobody wanted this show to end, which is why it ended so perfectly

it didn’t go on too long. It didn’t overstay its welcome and the ending is fracking brilliant.

Just wait till the end of season two beginning of season three

This show goes super fracking nova

“There must be someway out of here, said the joker to the thief
there’s too much confusion I can’t get no relief”

dude, you are in for it my brother visual storytelling for television at its finest and every actor gives 120%

God, I want to say so much more and I am not saying it, but I will say this:

Never trust Leobin.
Listen to every word, Leobin says.

and don’t forget the Cylon have been gone for 40 years

40 years and now they look human, there were many copies…

but how many models are there?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Last edited:

Wes Candela

Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela

View attachment 215032

7. Razor (Movie)
  11. * The Plan

View attachment 215033

Hey brother Jim
how far did we get this weekend?

JimJasper

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Wes, methinks you are leading me down a dangerous, wild, irresistible journey... you must be an elite Cylon. No progress this weekend, stud. But I might watch an episode tonight when I drive across town tonight and have some dinner with some family - I only save watching BG with them.

1000x more fun, especially since it's each of our first time seeing BG together. It would still be a dream to watch it with you in an amazing home theater (with butt-kicker seats when the bass comes on- Can you imagine?) ....so say we all.
Well Done Clap GIF by Gogglebox Australia

1709568321234.png

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
  7. Razor (Movie)
  11. * The Plan

I plan to rewatch the entire thing. The question I pose myself is whether to watch the entirety of Caprica (I have the German Blu-ray set) first. Not only is it set prior to BSG, but if I watch it first, things can only go up from there. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Thanks for the recommended viewing order. It makes sense.

I will pitch it to the wife. She started watching BSG S1 a week or so ago. Barely 6+ episodes in. Way before I gave up on the series when (to me) it leapt the shark and became "guess who is a Cylon now". A few people have told me it picked up again later after that crap.

Wes Candela

Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
Thanks for the recommended viewing order. It makes sense.

I will pitch it to the wife. She started watching BSG S1 a week or so ago. Barely 6+ episodes in. Way before I gave up on the series when (to me) it leapt the shark and became "guess who is a Cylon now". A few people have told me it picked up again later after that crap.
Oh my God, that’s nothing. It way picks up after that believe us.
So say we all it’s worth it it’s worth it. It’s worth it one more just one more just one more episode and then one more and then one more.

Wes Candela

Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
I plan to rewatch the entire thing. The question I pose myself is whether to watch the entirety of Caprica (I have the German Blu-ray set) first. Not only is it set prior to BSG, but if I watch it first, things can only go up from there. :thumbs-up-smiley:
Very interesting and I’m going to have to say no don’t do that
The reason I’m saying no is that the show is canceled and it will serve you no purpose at all plus when they made Caprica they assumed you had watched the entirety of Battlestar so you’re gonna get spoilers in there. You don’t want while you’re watching.

It was a great show. It had a lot of promise, but they just didn’t follow through because nothing compared to Battlestar Galactica.

However, if you do it, let me know how it works out

So say we all

Wes Candela

Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
Wes, methinks you are leading me down a dangerous, wild, irresistible journey... you must be an elite Cylon. No progress this weekend, stud. But I might watch an episode tonight when I drive across town tonight and have some dinner with some family - I only save watching BG with them.

1000x more fun, especially since it's each of our first time seeing BG together. It would still be a dream to watch it with you in an amazing home theater (with butt-kicker seats when the bass comes on- Can you imagine?) ....so say we all.
Well Done Clap GIF by Gogglebox Australia

View attachment 215144
Jim, I think that’s beautiful family bonding time

How do you guys only do one episode per gathering? I don’t understand how that works because you have to be going crazy until the next episode. No? No?

Remember, there are 12 Cylon models.
I am number 13.
by the way…

for your webisode journey…

SO SAY WE ALL!!!

JimJasper

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Jim, I think that’s beautiful family bonding time

How do you guys only do one episode per gathering? I don’t understand how that works because you have to be going crazy until the next episode. No? No?

Remember, there are 12 Cylon models.
I am number 13.
by the way…

for your webisode journey…

SO SAY WE ALL!!!

Thanks, most awesome Wes. If I go over there and we have a little time, maybe one episode. Fridays we have more time, and it will be a run of 4-5 episodes - compelled. I forgot that there are 12 Cylons. BTW, there is no "jump the shark" (post #29 above here) with "guess who is the next Cylon," b/c that concept is set up from the beginning.

Keeping my antenna up for Leobin for sure.
Looking forward to tomorrow night!
We're starting at S2 Ep 3
....web link didn't work, btw :(

Because my middle name is Random, but just curious if you ever watched/got into and enjoyed NetFlix's 2018 "The Haunting of Hill House?" It's one I've heard good things about, forgot about, then just came back up on my radar yesterday.
1709837529834.png

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Just wondering, are you at all familiar with the cheesy 1978 television series? Despite growing up with that original, I found the Ron Moore version utterly surpassed it in every way... even though they changed the frakkin' helmets.

681384613692ab2057e6b31945b0a05e.jpg

4175281108_415d88fed9_b.jpg

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

Very interesting and I’m going to have to say no don’t do that
The reason I’m saying no is that the show is canceled and it will serve you no purpose at all plus when they made Caprica they assumed you had watched the entirety of Battlestar so you’re gonna get spoilers in there. You don’t want while you’re watching.

It was a great show. It had a lot of promise, but they just didn’t follow through because nothing compared to Battlestar Galactica.

However, if you do it, let me know how it works out

So say we all

Well, it'd be a rewatch all around, so, yes, I am familiar with Caprica -- which I think was better than its general reputation would have it -- and also all of BSG, so "spoilers" in Caprica wouldn't phase me, as it wouldn't reveal anything I didn't already know.

It's just that after having watched Caprica during its original broadcast, I never got around to rewatching BSG, to see how well it integrated with it. So, I figure that if I'm going to rewatch BSG, I might as well start off with the prequel.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
This thread rekindled my memory of the classic, short-lived original show. I wasn't even aware of a reboot but the bits and pieces I've since seen on You Tube have left me underwhelmed.

I wouldn't mind owning the original TV show but can't make sense of all the varied offerings out there. I see a Blu Ray which would seem to be of the original series based on production date but it's listed as a film. Could someone in the know please help me out here?

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I wouldn't mind owning the original TV show but can't seem to make sense of all the varied offerings out there. I see a Blu Ray which would seem to be of the original series based on production date but it's listed as a film. Could someone in the know please help me out here?

The pilot for the original series was originally broadcast on TV in a 3-hour (including commercials) timeslot. A shorter, 2-hour version was released theatrically (in Sensurround!)

Universal offers three releases:

Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection has the theatrical version of the pilot in widescreen, the entire original series (including the broadcast version of the pilot) in both widescreen and the original full-frame ratios, and the entire sequel series, Galactica: 1980, in both widescreen and full-frame ratios.

Battlestar Galactica: The Remastered Colection has just the two TV series in widescreen only, and does not have the theatrical version of the pilot.

Battlestar Galactica: 35th Anniversary Edition is just the theatrical version of the pilot. There's also a 4K UHD+BD edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks