What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-4-2011 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
600x342px-LL-MikesRoundUp.jpg

[COLOR= rgb(255,0,0)]The Features[/COLOR]

– Danny Trejo (Machete – 2010)

– Steve Carrell & Paul Rudd (Dinner for Schmucks – 2010)

–Elizabeth Hurley & Mike Myers (Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery – 1997)

–Good Neighbor Sam– 1964

–Rene Zellweger (Case 39– 2008)

–Marco Leonardi, Antonio Banderas, Enrique Iglesias (Once Upon a Time in Mexico – 2003)

[COLOR= rgb(255,0,0)]The Prices[/COLOR]

The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

[COLOR= rgb(255,0,0)]Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review![/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0,0,0)]SD-DVD TITLE [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0,0,0)]Amazon[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0,0,0)]BestBuy[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0,0,0)]Target[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0,0,0)]Costco[/COLOR]

Big Love: Season 4

$34.99
ir

$34.99

Bitter Feast

$22.49
ir

$14.99

Camille

$13.99
ir

$14.99

Case 39

$17.99
ir

$17.99

$17.99

Catfish

$18.99
ir

$19.99

Dinner for Schmucks

$16.99
ir

$16.99

$17.00

Good Neighbor Sam

$14.94
ir

$12.99

Gun

$14.99
ir

$19.99

Howl

$19.99
ir

$24.99

The Last Exorcism

$17.99
ir

$16.99

$17.99

The Lena Baker Story

$13.49
ir

$12.99

Machete

$15.99
ir

$15.99

$17.00

Mannix: Season 4

$36.99
ir

$39.99

The Notorious Lady

$14.94
ir

$12.99

Operation Mad Ball

$14.94
ir

$12.99

Phffft

$14.94
ir

$12.99

Ricky Gervais Show: Season 1

$21.99
ir

$29.99

Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends: Complete Series

$65.99
ir

$89.99

The Sarah Jane Adventures: Season 3

$21.99
ir

$24.99

The Supreme Swordsman

$17.99
ir

$12.99

The Sword of Swords

$14.99
ir

$12.99

Ticking Clock

$20.99
ir

$19.99

Under the Yum Yum Tree

$14.94
ir

$12.99

Yellow Handkerchief

$18.99
ir

$14.99

The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

[COLOR= rgb(255,0,0)]Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review![/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255,255,255)]BLU-RAY TITLE [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255,255,255)]Amazon[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255,255,255)]BestBuy[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255,255,255)]Target[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255,255,255)]Costco[/COLOR]

After Dark Horrorfest: Volume 1

$14.99
ir

$17.99

After Dark Horrorfest: Volume 2

$14.99
ir

$17.99

After Dark Horrorfest: Volume 3

$14.99
ir

$17.99

After Dark Horrorfest: Volume 4

$14.99
ir

$17.99

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

$14.99
ir

$14.99

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

$14.99
ir

$14.99

Austin Powers: In Goldmember

$14.99
ir

$14.99

Backdraft

$19.99
ir

$22.99

Battlestar Galactica: Season 4

$66.99
ir

$89.99

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 8 Motion Comic

$22.99
ir

$29.99

Case 39

$23.99
ir

$25.99

$24.99

Catfish

$27.99
ir

$29.99

Coraline (3-D)

$34.99
ir

$39.99

Dinner for Schmucks

$21.99
ir

$25.99

$22.00

El Mariachi/Desperado

$13.99
ir

$16.99

Ever After: A Cinderella Story

$18.99
ir

$19.99

Gun

$16.99
ir

$24.99

Hope Floats

$18.99
ir

$19.99

Howl

$23.99
ir

$24.99

The Last Exorcism

$22.99
ir

$22.99

$24.99

Machete

$21.99
ir

$25.99

$22.00

My Dog Skip

$14.99
ir

$14.99

Once Upon a Time in Mexico

$14.99
ir

$16.99

Ticking Clock

$23.99
ir

$29.99

A Walk in the Clouds

$18.99
ir

$19.99

(CC) after a title = New release in the Criterion Collection.

Individual Titles in the Collections Listed Above:

After Dark Horrorfest: Volume 1 (Blu-ray): The Gravedancers, Wicked Little Things.

After Dark Horrorfest: Volume 2 (Blu-ray): Borderland, Crazy Eights

After Dark Horrorfest: Volume 3 (Blu-ray): The Broken, Butterfly Effect 3: Revelations.

After Dark Horrorfest: Volume 4 (Blu-ray): The Graces, Zombies of Mass Destruction.

[COLOR= rgb(255,0,0)]The Disclaimer[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0,0,0)]Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp[/COLOR]. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain!
If there is a title not included in the [COLOR= rgb(255,0,0)]RoundUp[/COLOR] that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the [COLOR= rgb(255,0,0)]RoundUp[/COLOR]. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

[COLOR= rgb(255,0,0)]The Specials[/COLOR]

--[SIZE= 16px]Happy 2011 to all RoundUppers! [/SIZE]
6c6fca86_party-smiley-014.gif

--I don't know what's up at costco.com this week...but there isn't a single DVD/Blu-ray listed there. And I don't just mean new releases. No movies of any sort. It's like they just eliminated the category from their Entertainment section.
confused.gif

--If you buy Dinner for Schmucks at BB this week (either DVD or Blu-ray), get a FREE $5 BEST BUY GIFTCARD. Giftcard good towards future purchase. Online offer may vary.

--Also, if you buy Dinner for Schmucks @ BB, you are then eligible to purchase the BD of Anchorman for just $9.99 (Regular price $19.99). Products must be purchased on same receipt to receive savings.

--The following Blu-ray discs are on sale this week @ Best Buy:

$9.99: Dumb & Dumber, The Fugitive, Happy Feet, Lethal Weapon

$14.99: 2012, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

--BB has the following TV on DVD titles (Season 1 only) on sale for 50% off: Weeds ($12.49), Mad Men ($17.49), Two and a Half Men ($18.99), The Sopranos ($22.49), Deadwood ($22.49), Prison Break ($24.99)

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: A selection of Fitness/Exercise DVDs for $9.99 apiece.

--At Target this week, there are no specials to report.

--The following titles are listed at $10 at Target: Star Trek (2009) (DVD), The Fantastic Mr. Fox (DVD), Sherlock Holmes (DVD), The Dark Knight (Blu-ray).

--Target Odds and Ends: A list of $7 DVDs.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
My Best Buy gift cards will just have to keep smoldering in my pocket for a while longer. Nothing, at all for me this week to buy.

Just Machete down for a rental. That is it.

But i am OK with nothing to buy. I bought to much in December, and most of what i got, still needs to be watched.

Thanks for the Round-up anyway Mike. Hope you had a good New Year!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was in Target yesterday and they had the shelf tag for Sherlock Holmes up. Nothing on the shelf and I thought it was a bit odd. Now it makes sense.

BB.com still has 372 BD's on sale. I'm not sure if the site hasn't cycled over to being "next week" yet; a lot of those titles look exactly the same as last week. There's lots of HBO stuff, Planet Earth, cheap A Team, Supernatural S5, Breaking Bad... If I had a spare $300, I'm sure I could find stuff I "wanted." But dang nabbit...I'm trying to be an adult now with adult financial goals for the year. And it's never too early to start.

Backdraft, Hope Floats and possibly Ever After when the prices come down. Way too high for catalogue stuff I won't watch for 6 months.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

--The following Blu-ray discs are listed at $10 at Target: Star Trek (2009), The Fantastic Mr. Fox, Sherlock Holmes, The Dark Knight.

Looking at the Target ad, these are regular DVDs, not Blu-Rays, with the possible exception of The Dark Knight which shows a Blu-Ray package. Each of the others when viewed online, shows DVD when you click the package to view details. The Dark Knight doesn't have any details available when you click it.

http://weeklyad.target.com/target/default.aspx?ref=nav_weeklyad&action=entryflash

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jason Merrick

--The following Blu-ray discs are listed at $10 at Target: Star Trek (2009), The Fantastic Mr. Fox, Sherlock Holmes, The Dark Knight.

Looking at the Target ad, these are regular DVDs, not Blu-Rays, with the possible exception of The Dark Knight which shows a Blu-Ray package. Each of the others when viewed online, shows DVD when you click the package to view details. The Dark Knight doesn't have any details available when you click it.

http://weeklyad.target.com/target/default.aspx?ref=nav_weeklyad&action=entryflash

[/QUOTE]

Jason: Thanks for the correction. I will make the change in the OP. I guess I wasn't paying attention. I appreciate it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh. And, by the way, I still did not get a Sunday flyer for Best Buy in my local paper today. So, I am clueless.

I'm really going to have to start registering complaints with the newspaper company. This is becoming a standard practice. I can't tell you how many times I have had to travel around the area to find the ads I need.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by nolesrule

Best Buy almost isn't worth the effort anymore.

Pretty much. Their sale prices are still good (like last week's TV sale) but the last time that I bought something at Best Buy during its week of release was Psycho back in October or September. At Target and Amazon in the same time period, I spent hundreds of dollars.

Hopefully, BB.com's price on The Social Network ($17 for the Blu-ray and $13 for the DVD) is what they'll actually be charging in store next week.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the new year blew Ultimate Electronics' online Weekly Ad function. (No ad available on their website).

Update: Went there. No sales at all, unless you count Lethal Weapon for $9.99 as a sale. Since that is its usual price, I don't. There wasn't even a sales table set up.

I also went to Best Buy and it is a joke. Their micro-shelf of "BluRay on a Budget" titles all shot up in price, with most of the $10 BluRays now priced at $20. Even a title like Princess Bride which has been $15 at Target forever, and $10 online forever, is $20. Granted they still have a standee cardboard bin of $8 BluRays like Charlie's Angels and Labyrinth. But for the most part it is as if the concept of post-holidays sales, and even "BluRay on a Budget", has left the building.

timmytimmy

Grip
Real Name
Tim

What did we do to deserve this kind of dedication?! As always, it is much appreciated. Nothing for me this week, I have some returns to make at Best Buy, so I'll be having soem store credit to use in the next few weeks. Hopefully the release calendar gets a little better! Happy New Year, all.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Originally Posted by timmytimmy

What did we do to deserve this kind of dedication?!

The previous guy retired and we all promised Mike we'd get him back on the Best Buy coupon mailing list if he took over (I can't believe he fell for it).

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR

Best Buy almost isn't worth the effort anymore.

Pretty much. Their sale prices are still good (like last week's TV sale) but the last time that I bought something at Best Buy during its week of release was Psycho back in October or September. At Target and Amazon in the same time period, I spent hundreds of dollars.

Hopefully, BB.com's price on The Social Network ($17 for the Blu-ray and $13 for the DVD) is what they'll actually be charging in store next week.

[/QUOTE]

If you're sure that's the price you want -- pre-order it for store Pickup. Maybe Amazon will match it or not, but I think I'll take my chances with BB for the moment and

cancel before picking it up if somebody comes up with a better price.

Dang -- should have known I spoke too soon and Amazon just matched BB price. Now I have to go cancel my preorder to save tax and gas.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

Eight years?!?!?! Seems like it's only been half that. Where has the time gone (and my hair, for that matter). I was 26 when you took over for Dave.

And even though I don't buy nearly as much as I used to, I still check the Update every week.

It's bad enough I'm approaching the 10-year anniversary of my registration, and I was reading the site for a couple of years before I felt compelled to respond to a post and needed to register.

This calls for an "oy".

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Quote:

And I got myself a Best Buy flyer out at a store tonight and am about to amend the OP with the pertinent information.

Time flies when we're having fun! Thanks for all that you do.

(You do realize that the Best Buy flyer is viewable online, right? :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks