What's new

Bass Shakers (1 Viewer)

Joe Maiurro

Stunt Coordinator
Bass Shakers.. Worth it or not? And also, how much can a decent set cost ya in Canadian funds (roughly)? Do you need a whole separate receiver to run them?

thanks

Daman

Second Unit
I use 4 shakers in my recliner loveseat- they really provide seat rocking effect during action scenes, but i prefer to turn the amp for them off when i listen to music.. they are good to have feature in your system definetly. I bought them from partsexpress - total cost with sub amp was around 200 bucks(US). Good Luck!

TonyWright

Second Unit
Wouldn't they be more effective using an LFE signal? My guess is that the surround channels do not receive a sufficient amount of LFE to really get a good result from the bass shakers. I don't use them though, so I am most like wrong.

Just curious...

Tony

Jason Brent

Second Unit
Well I am using an LFE signal. My receiver allows me to use the 6th and 7th channels (surround backs) as a multi room application.

I run an LFE signal to an unused input (video 3 or something) and select that input for the multi room source. So all I do is turn the multi-room input on, and voila I have a whole lotta shakin goin on;)

TonyWright

Second Unit
That makes sense. It's actually a great idea. I could probably get away with a similar setup.

My wife is going to hate me. :D

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks