What's new

B&W 600 series 3 (1 Viewer)

BradWI

Auditioning
Okay, thanks to many responses from everyone, I think I have come up with my new system to purchase:

2 B&W DM603 S3 Fronts
1 B&W LCR600 S3 Center
2 B&W CDS6 S3 Sides (monopole or Diapole capabilities)
2 B&W CCM65 S3 Rears
Round out with a B&W ASW650 Sub

I am running this with the Yamaha HTR5790.

System is mainly for Hometheater, but will also be for music. Room size is 14x22.

Does this sound like a good setup?
I know if I spent additional $$, I could get an amp(s) etc, but do I really need one initially for this to sound good and have enough power?

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
I think that Yamaha should run those speakers fine!

I would suggest you save a few bucks and get the DM602 S3s and stands instead of the 603s...I think you'll be much happier with the clarity and imaging the 602s do over the 603s. Since you'll have the sub you won't really need the little bit of low end that the 603s provide.

I would also suggest looking into another subwoofer. I love B&Ws speakers, but their subs are definitely boomy, as in you'll always be able to tell where the sub is. You'd might be better to look towards a SVS, HSU, Adire sub instead...take the money you'd save from the 603s and put it towards a better sub! :)

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I agree with not going with the B&W sub.

I also recommend you audition similar products in this range. I ended up choosing paradigm monitor series for my previous set of speakers over the 600 S3 (and they're cheaper). Obviously this was a subjective preference in taste, so audition carefully. More expensive is not always better, it all depends on what kind of sound you like.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
Im with Dan. Get the 602s for the front and some Plateau steel speaker stands and you'll save some good $$. I also feel that the B&W sub is overpriced (but still good). But for less $$, you can get the same performance.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Is this a cross post? I must be going nuts since this is the second thread out of the last two I've posted to that I remember reading something extremely similar somewhere else and writing a lengthy reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks