What's new

Subwoofer(s) Upgrade Advice (1 Viewer)

bradypunch

Grip
Real Name
Brady
Looking for some advice on (possibly) upgrading my home theater system subwoofers (I say possibly as I haven’t decided if I am going to keep, or get rid of my theater room altogether). If I keep it, I’ll upgrade to Atmos by adding height speakers to my current 7.2 configuration. I am leaning towards buying 2 matching subs, but I’m not sure. Here are some of my details:

1. Budget: $2,000 (ish)

2. Size requirements/limits: None

3. Room size & specs: Approximately 20x12x8 (1,920 cubic feet) – concrete basement floor.

4. Primary uses: 60% HT/TV viewing, 20% music, 20% gaming.

5. Listening habits: We watch all different movie types; I also like to watch concert DVDs and stream music at SPL levels. I want to be able to feel the bass slam in my chest when rocking out!

6. Appearance requirements: I don’t care how it looks.

7. Timeframe: Not in a hurry to get it right away.

8. My equipment list:
Receiver: Denon AVR-X7200WA

L/R: (2) B&W DM603 S3

Center: B&W LCR600 S3

Surrounds: (4) B&W DM600 S3

Sub1: SVS PC-2000 (older ported cylinder sub – not the pro model)

Sub2: Klipsch 10” ported (cheap BestBuy model from aprx. 2010)

Projector: Epson 5030UB
Samsung Blu-ray Player

Xbox One

kalm_traveler

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jake
At that price and with no stated space constraints, I can highly recommend a pair of Hsu VTF-15h mk2 subs. They are tremendous value, hit very hard and go quite low.

Granted I'm biased as that's what I'm currently running, but in all fairness I had the first one for about 7 years before adding the second one.

If money was less of a constraint at the time I would prefer a pair of SVS PB16 Ultra but those will have to wait for the new home

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks