What's new

Are these future HD DVD's cancelled? (1 Viewer)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Exactly!!! Far better to import them online too.

As to my signature. It's just too pricey for me to wait for all the Hong Kong and Asian films in my collection to wait for them on Blu-ray or whatever higher definition format.
I'm still buying DVD's thank you very much. That's one of the advantages of being multi-region. Buying whatever damn DVD you damn well want to on your own damn time and your own damn money. Oh, you're not region free capable and don't feel like importing? Sucks to be you. There aren't any laws against importing DVD's so why should anyone feel guilty about it?
Hell, there are still hundreds of titles I'm still buying on DVD and that's my choice, no one elses. Sure, I may have a very weak collection of HD titles, HD implying BOTH BR and HDDVD, but I go on buying "stints". There are even titles which I sold when I first started collecting DVD's which I'm looking to repurchase. I don't know about anyone else but i also sure as hell don't mind owning more than a different release of a certain title to have the most cohesively put together edition out there.
Sure, Blu-ray might've won here in North America but companies overseas are still releasing titles on HDDVD. It's all about options and researching what you wanna buy. Unless you like the title so much you want to have a collection of said title from all around the globe.
Case in point, I bought the Silver Anniversary Edition of FLASH GORDON for the extras and what-not and for the Saviour of the Universe Edition, I'll buy that too. That's the main reason why I buy multi-disc cases so-as to make my own custom Edition of any particular film I enjoy. I even own a custom 5-Disc Ultimate Edition of GLADIATOR which are culled from the R1 US Editions of the 2-Disc Signature Selection and the 3-Disc Extended Edition. What do I do with the cases and covers afterwards? I just put them in a box. Or case in point, I purchased the 2006 releases of the Star Wars Trilogy, the films, and since the first discs are exactly the same as the 2004 release, I sold the 2004 DVD's. i even kept the boxset and the 4th disc from the 2004 release and just put the 2006 releases in there instead. Oh no! I might go to jail over being intelligently witty! More like it's about saving shelf space and selling what I already had as a carbon copy.
Anyone else besides me buys multiple versions of the same title to make their own "complete" version? Goes for me except I'm never going to buy any US/International cut of any Jackie Chan film again. Yes, other people might think that if it isn't from their native region it's a BOOTLEG.
Speaking of bootlegs, the next time the reader of this is in any FYE, Suncoast or their stores, look in their Asian section and take out all the Red Sun releases and put them on the counter. Why? Because Red Sun is a BOOTLEG company which should be stopped. I sure as hell don't support bootleggers and I only support legit companies, excluding of course Tai Seng.
Come to think of it, I have a 6.1 receiver with only a 5.0 speaker set-up. Anywhere I can go to custom make a sub-woofer? The sub was from an HT in a box so I was thinking of modding it. Then of course get new speakers and a subby. I'm a gradual upgrader too.
Apologies for the long post of course, I'm just a :crazy: like that.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks