What's new

**CONTEST**GIVEAWAY** Halloween ENDS (2022) Blu-ray/DVD Combo (1 Viewer)

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
We hope that all of our members are having a great holiday season! In this season of giving, our friends at Universal Studios Home Entertainment will be giving away one free copy of Halloween ENDS(2022) on Blu-ray to one lucky member of the Home Theater Forum. In order to enter, simply post in this thread. Open only to U.S. residents. You may still post in this thread if you are not a U.S. resident, but only U.S. residents qualify to win the prize. The contest will end in early 2023 without further notice.

Simply post in this thread with the scariest moment you have had while watching a film. The moment may be from the Halloween franchise, or from any other film, depending upon what fears prey upon your mind. Winner will be selected randomly, but interesting posts make for an interesting thread. Good luck! And watch for the official HTF review of Halloween Kills 4K UHD coming soon!

191329237557_bluray_2d_clr-1.png

Universal City, California, November 8, 2022–The saga comes to an END. Golden Globe® and BAFTA winner Jamie Lee Curtis(Halloween franchise, “Scream Queens, ”Knives Out)is back as Laurie Strode, “a timeless scream queen”(K. Austin Collins, Rolling Stone),fighting for her life in the thrilling conclusion against the infamous masked killer, Michael Myers. HALLOWEEN ENDS is available to own on Digital November 15, 2022,as well as on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on December 27, 2022from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Produced by Malek Akkad (Halloween), Bill Block (Halloween Kills), and Jason Blum (The Black Phone and The Invisible Man), and hailed as“a full-throttle showdown 44 years in the making” (Sara Michelle Fetters, Moviefreak.com),HALLOWEEN ENDS features over 30 minutes of never-before-seen bonus captivating content that includes deleted and extended scenes, featurettes with Jamie Lee Curtis and the cast and crew, a special gag reel, and feature commentary with co-writer/director David Gordon Green(Halloween, Halloween Kills, “The Righteous Gemstones”), actors Andi Matichak(Halloween (2018), Halloween Kills,“Blue Bloods”)and Rohan Campbell(“Virgin River,” “The Hardy Boys”), and more. The most acclaimed and revered horror franchise in film history reaches its epic, terrifying finale as Laurie Strode (Curtis) faces off for the last time against the embodiment of evil, Michael Myers(James Jude Courtney). Michael hasn’t been seen for four years after the events of Halloween Kills. Laurie lives with her granddaughter Allyson (Andi Matichak) and has chosen to liberate herself from fear and rage and embrace life. When a young man is accused of killing a boy he was babysitting, a cascade of violence and terror is ignited with a final confrontation between Laurie and Michael unlike any ever captured on screen. Only one of them will survive.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Scariest scene in all the films is in the original when Michael slowly appears out of the dark behind Laurie.

SteveSs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
It's only the first time you see the movie, right? Maybe not, as I still get a bit of jolt out of seeing the little alien creature pop out of John Hurt's chest in "Alien". And I've seen that film over 30 times.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
The scariest I was in a movie was in the original Halloween. When the boyfriend of P.J. Soles character is in the kitchen and Micheal comes out of the dark and kills him. When he came out of the dark, I screamed and the girl with me at the time grabbed my arm and dug her nails into it. I screamed again. Lol.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
I haven't seen this but the scariest moment in a movie is when in "The Birds" they started attacking Mitch's house!

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
I can pretty much watch sequences from graphic horror films over and over again without flinching, but there's something about Cronenberg's The Fly remake that simply gets under my skin (no real pun intended)...those images of
Goldblum's monstrous transformed creature vomiting on hands and legs while they melt away into piles of steaming goo
actually give me nightmares (and I'm not prone to them).

And some of the edited footage is downright horrifying as well, including the
deleted monkey-cat sequence
and the
"amputating-his-own-insect-leg growth" scene.
Just gross.

I read about a scene that was deleted but never filmed in which
Goldblum's Brundle creature is digging around in a dumpster near his loft in the city, I suppose for something to consume, and when an old lady passing by sees his grotesque form she screams, leading to Brundle vomiting on her face and consuming her...

My God. I just can't.

I also cannot stomach the sequel, notably when Eric Stoltz' character's dog is involved...

Outside of The Fly, I sometimes can't stomach the end transformation sequence of The Beast Within -- though I can sit through the similar bladder effects shown in Amityville II: The Possession.

Go figure.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Sitting third row in a twin cinema when Sheriff Brody is chumming and the shark makes his appearance in Jaws. I nearly jumped into the row behind me.

Carrie White's hand reaching out of the gravel to touch Sue Snell. A girl with me dug her well pointed, sharp fingernails into my thigh.

Two very memorable scares in my movie watching "career".

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
THIS ISLAND EARTH. I was 5 years old, viewing it in 1955 while at a walk in movie theater when the mutant fell to the ground and disappeared while on the spaceship. Scared me enough to jump into my mom's lap.

World Of The Psychic

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
Honestly, with all the horror movies I’ve watched, the most uncomfortable I’ve been in a theater was watching the beginning scene of Cliffhanger when I was 13 years old. That’d make anyone nervous, especially someone petrified of heights, like myself.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Watching the kid from Poltergeist get sucked into the TV screen which scared the living hell out of me!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Can't remember what movie it was, but I was in a theater and eating M&M's, and something happened that made me jump and spill a bunch of my M&M's. It was an older sloped floor theater, so most of them kept rolling and rolling along the floor all the way to the front. Also had a similar reaction one time with popcorn, but it wasn't nearly as noisy.

Most recently, it was in Jaws, a movie I've seen dozens of times, but I still jumped in my seat when Ben Gardner's head floated into the hole in his boat's hull and scared Hooper.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Maybe it was in the sequel but I do remember such a scene from one of those specific films.
The premise of Poltergeist (the first one in 82) was that the Carol Anne character does get "sucked" into the TV screen (which is really a portal to another dimension, by which the "spirits" and primary "entity" enter our world) but it is never shown. It's not a scene in either of the sequels, either.

You may be thinking of the Poltergeist remake, which came out more recently (not very recently, though) -- I remember renting it, but it sucked so bad I forgot all about it when it was over, so I don't recall if there was an actual "sucking into the TV screen" sequence...

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
My scariest moment was in 1963 when I saw "The Haunting (1963)"and the scene where the door started bulging in and Russ Tamblyn dropped the bottle, of course I was 11 at the time.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
The premise of Poltergeist (the first one in 82) was that the Carol Anne character does get "sucked" into the TV screen (which is really a portal to another dimension, by which the "spirits" and primary "entity" enter our world) but it is never shown. It's not a scene in either of the sequels, either.

You may be thinking of the Poltergeist remake, which came out more recently (not very recently, though) -- I remember renting it, but it sucked so bad I forgot all about it when it was over, so I don't recall if there was an actual "sucking into the TV screen" sequence...
You might be right at that in what you say but I did remember something to that accord happening, but thanks for the clarification.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
You might be right at that in what you say but I did remember something to that accord happening, but thanks for the clarification.
No problem; it definitely does not happen in any of the three original Poltergeist films.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Or The terrible remake.

Maybe he’s thinking of Nightmare On Elm St 3 where Freddy pulls one of his victims into a tv. ;)
Thanks for the confirmation about it not being in the remake; wasn't sure because, quite frankly, I recall it was forgettable.

That scene in Nightmare 3 is still hysterical -- where she's sitting in front of the TV in the rec room and you see the talk show host on the screen (who's interviewing Gabor) transform into Freddy after he goes "Can I ask you something? Who gives a F*** WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!"

And then, of course, the ambiguous "WELCOME TO PRIME TIME, BITCH!" moment when he pops out of the top of the TV with the antennas stuck to his head and smashes her head straight into the screen.

Simply classic, unmatched stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks