What's new

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Today, Halloween H20. The curious ups, downs, and bizarre turns of the Halloween franchise are complicated. The snap back to having Michael Myers as the killer after the clever anthology experiment of Halloween III gave the world some questionable sequels, but eventually got around to giving us Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later Unwieldy title aside, this 1998 film gave audiences a better film than the franchise had enjoyed in a while, and brought back the wonderful Jamie Lee Curtis to her career launching role. That the film doesn’t work in all the ways we want it to or manage to rekindle the incendiary genius of John Carpenter’s original shouldn’t dissuade anyone from giving it a go. Paramount’s handsome Steelbook presentation that is an improvement over the generic theatrical poster is a nice touch, though the lack of special features is a disappointment. It is nice to have the UHD available at a reasonable price.

Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
"Interiors hold clean shadows and color balance leans a little toward autumn colors in a summer setting."

Not sure I understand the above? I haven't seen the film in many years, but doesn't it take place around and on Halloween? Do you mean the California setting? Regardless, I appreciate your review. Not sure I'm upgrading, but I enjoyed reading your thoughts on it.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
"Interiors hold clean shadows and color balance leans a little toward autumn colors in a summer setting."

Not sure I understand the above? I haven't seen the film in many years, but doesn't it take place around and on Halloween? Do you mean the California setting? Regardless, I appreciate your review. Not sure I'm upgrading, but I enjoyed reading your thoughts on it.
That's just a fancy way of saying the image was bright and nature was sunny and green like it was a summer setting, but there was an effort with costuming and whatnot to bring out fall colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks