What's new

Are all HDMI cables created equal (1 Viewer)

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
With regard to PQ will all HDMI cables basically provide the same PQ or do some cables do a better job than others. What HDMI cable would you suggest that does an excellent job yet is also fairly inexpensive. Early reply sincerely appreciated. Thanks

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
General feeling is that most digital cables are pretty equal assuming it's not damaged and you don't need a long run. If you need 50 foot cables then you have to be a bit more careful. Most cables sold at the store have huge profit margins and are likely majorly overpriced -- AR, Monster, Nexxtech, etc. I was at several of the Big Box stores today and didn't see a single cable (even 3 foot length) for less than $40 which is probably 2-3x more than I'd pay for an HDMI. Most cables looked to be selling at around $15-20/foot for the first 6 feet and then slowly decreasing unit price for longer cords.

Blue Jeans Cable for prettier and somewhat better built cables and Monoprice for nice basic cables are both respected around these parts.

leafswillwin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
i would go with monoprice, the cables look better, amazing quality and sweet price. i have got hdmi and dvi cables from them you cant imagine how thick the cable is. really high end stuff. and also for any rca type cable they have better connectors than BJC.

flags

Auditioning
Real Name
John

HDMI cables either work or don't work. There is really no inbetween. A $10.00 Walmart cable will work just as well as a $200.00 Monster cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks