What's new

A new Trek film with Kirk? (1 Viewer)

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
I know. I loved that game, still have it in a box I meant the story line/concept.
Still fun to this day! :) I actually bought the big black "special edition" box which not only included the game but this CD with interviews, and a VHS copy of "City on the edge of forever" (to this day still in shrink wrap). The only other Star Trek game I've liked since was Elite Force (you could follow Seven of 9 around until she'd say "You've developed an unhealthy obsession with me").

- Jack

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I suppose the proper thing to do would be that I read Ellison's book and Edwin read the Solow, Justman book. One must remember that the time period we are talking about is one in which ALL the major studios were basically counting every penny in a production. Most of the resources that Desilu/Paramount had were in reality going to Bruce Geller's "Mission Impossible" and other series which had much higher ratings than "Star Trek" ever did. It is really funny to read "Inside Star Trek" and get accounts of the things they had to do to stay on budget. William Shatner was paid a whopping $5000.00 per episode at the time and Leonard Nimoy was paid $1250.00 per. Most of the others were making scale which at the time was just over $400.00 per episode. As Solow and Justman explain it in their book, the sets alone for "City on the Edge of Forever" would have taken up most of the budget for the episode had they used Ellison's original script. In the end, Ellison's book is probably written from the heart, Solow and Justman's is written with the wallet in mind.

Todd K

Second Unit
James T. Kirk has proven time and again that he's simply the best and the bravest there is. He's never lost and cheats death at every turn. Solo, on the other hand, is a dirty pirate who's shown his cowardice on several occasions. Kirk never would have found himself frozen in carbonite, nor would he have allowed himself to be captured by his enemies.

Although Kirk's sworn enemy, the Klingon Empire, could never match the determination and uniformity of Solo's enemy, the evil Galactic Empire, Kirk has survived encounters with monsters, space blobs and STDs alike. The threats posed by these foes are greater than the forces of both empires combined.

And just look at the company they kept -- that alone should prove who is most likely to win. Kirk's best friend was a super-genius who had the ability to come back from the dead. Solo's best friend didn't even have opposable thumbs. Popular opinion would seem to favor Solo, but I'm going to rely on their previous records to predict this outcome.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Kirk would have put up the dukes and Solo would have shot first.

Winner:

Han Solo

;)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
How about Rosecrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead? Or The Lion King. They didn't stick very close to the source material (The former being a tangentially related story to and the latter being vaguely inspired by Hamlet). They both were pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks