What's new

UHD Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ - The Magnificent Seven -- in 4k UHD (1 Viewer)

Andrew M

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Melomet
Looking forward to getting this release. The Magnificent Seven was a huge hit at the children's Saturday Matinee at the old Beach Theater in the South Bronx where I first saw it with a very enthusiastic audience in the early 1960s.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I thought the release date was March 3rd. Amazon is telling me my copy won’t arrive til March 3. And I pre-ordered.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting Doug, mine has not even shipped yet from Amazon.

Robert, you did a smarter thing to pick it up locally. I’m not in a hurry, I have other titles in the queue.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Interesting Doug, mine has not even shipped yet from Amazon.

Robert, you did a smarter thing to pick it up locally. I’m not in a hurry, I have other titles in the queue.
Nelson,

I didn't pick it up locally, Target shipped mine as I preordered it during their "Buy 1 Get 50% Off" sale back on February 5th.

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Thanks for clearing that up, I wrongly made the conclusion you went to a local Target!
If you go to Target, you'll know why that was unlikely. Might vary a bit from store to store, but they've generally shrunk their media sections to a postage stamp these days. It's even worse than Wal Mart, and that was bad enough.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I don’t think I’ve bought any media at Target! In thinking about it, I think it was at least 15 years ago that I bought a blu ray there. These days it’s mostly on-line and if it’s a must have title, I’ve bought on-line at Best Buy to pick-up at the store.

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
I was a little disappointed that the colors weren’t a bit more saturated. I have no idea how this should look (time kind of has that effect on memory)still love the film and Elmer Bernstein’s rousing music.

Last edited:

Chewbabka

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe
I’m sure they are just what I remember from previous showings was different from what I saw on the 4K
Lots of DVDs and older Blus are oversaturated, so when a UHD comes out that corrects this, sometimes people think they’re undersaturated when they’re really correct.

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
The Magnificent Seven 4K has exceptional color for a 1960 Deluxe print. The best it has ever or will ever look on home video without being oversaturated. Also as I stated earlier mono sound is wonderful. The Great Escape was also a welcome 4 K transfer.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The Magnificent Seven 4K has exceptional color for a 1960 Deluxe print. The best it has ever or will ever look on home video without being oversaturated. Also as I stated earlier mono sound is wonderful. The Great Escape was also a welcome 4 K transfer.
This is not derived from a deluxe print. The scan is an Eastman Color 5250 negative

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
Mr. Harris, you are the expert I quote the most and can't argue with your expertise. I am only familiar with what the credits say. Wish I could take your course on these things! What about The Great Escape? Thanks for you insight and knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks