What's new

owen35

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
It's coming this year for its 50th anniversary. If I had to guess, I'd say that it'll be out in September or October for Halloween time.
Fingers crossed it is the original release in 4K (with the original WB logo intro) and not the "Director's Cut" which I've never been impressed by. I fear they may do the Director's cut in 4K and the original as a BR disc.

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore
Fingers crossed it is the original release in 4K (with the original WB logo intro) and not the "Director's Cut" which I've never been impressed by. I fear they may do the Director's cut in 4K and the original as a BR disc.
I'm guessing both cuts in 4k, but definitely the theatrical in 4k.

IMO, most of the added scenes in the "extended director's version" are fine, if he would just take out all those stupid extra subliminal flashes.

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
Nah, I think the outrage at the original not coming to 4K would be very real and they know that. The Dc has some interesting stuff but is largely inferior in every way.

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
The Schrader film is my least favorite in this series. I honestly even prefer the Renny Harlin version over it.

The TV spinoff from a few years ago was actually surprisingly decent.
I enjoyed the Schrader film. It’s an imperfect mess in some respects-less horror and more cerebral which isn’t what the film should be But I still enjoy it for what it is. Schrader, despite helming the excellent “Cat People” was probably the wrong choice for director. I enjoy his work as a director but he’s always much more interested in the machinery of the mind than the machinery of the supernatural

Christian D66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian
Just watched the 4k tonight, my first viewing of the film. Beautiful presentation of a clearly compromised film. I managed to avoid spoilers for that scare ever since the film came out and I knew something was coming as that scene played on. Had that been the opening scene, the film could have had a greater impact. The scenes with Father Morning were so disconnected it felt ridiculous at the end. I can't wait to see the DC next.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I actually prefer this film over the first (but I like them both quite a bit). I've not picked up the UHD BD yet because I watched the shout BD just before this was announced, but as soon as I am ready to watch it again I look forward to the new disc.

I was never quite happy with the Warner or Shout BD. Both had certain pros and cons whereas it seems they really nailed it with the UHD BD as the definitive release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks