1966 Batman DVD Coming! See Post 649

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by JamesSmith, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Avilos

Avilos Auditioning

Tom Soliva
    Adam West has voiced various characters on a number of Batman animated series. While some are available on those series sets it would be nice if they could be part of this set is it ever happens.
    He actually voiced Batman in the last two seasons of Superfriends. No need to include all, they have their own sets, one in particular would be great feature though. An episode called The Fear was created as a Pilot for an intended spin-off that never happened. Its very significant because its the first time Batman's origin was ever told outside of the comics. Of course the 60s series never showed though it was mentioned briefly in the first episode. Adam West gives a great performance.

2. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    In the years long before VCRs, I bought the Batman TV soundtrack album. No, not the Neal Hefti score LP but the soundtrack album with dialogue snatches from the show and themes of the various villains. I was such a fan of the show that I wore out that LP playing it all the time.

3. Mark Collins

Mark Collins Cinematographer

Mark
    I wish that album like the movie soundtrack would make it to CD. Hefti also scored one if not two Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea episodes in year 3 i believe.

4. Mark Y

Mark Y Supporting Actor

It was released on CD a number of years ago, IIRC around the time of the first Michael Keaton movie. They had a box on the cover with the Casablanca Records name covering up 20th Century Fox (Fox's record label originally released it). Another company issued it in the UK at the same time. I believe it's long out of print, though.

5. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    This one?

[​IMG]

Had this as a kid and loved it. There is a website that streams it, I think, but I'm certain it has never made it to CD.

6. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    MeTV is showing two episodes every Saturday night and I've just recently started recording and watching them. I also find myself on the Batman wikipedia page more often than not to study up on the show and Batman in general. (I have absolutely no social life on Saturday nights, obviously.)

There's a plethora of docs and featurettes that could be made about the series, from all the various guest stars and multiple actors playing the same role to the continued cuts in budget, the genesis and evolution of Batgirl, all the "dirty laundry" Warner would never allow on the discs... Add to that a doc about Batman in the 60s with Bat-Mite, Fredric Werthum and his anti-comics crusade, the history of televised Batman and so on.

7. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Yes indeed! Loved that colorful cover, too! I still have the LP, but it's badly worn. I think I have the stereo one, but I'll have to check to make sure. I might not have had the extra $1 buying the stereo version cost back in those olden days.

8. KPmusmag

KPmusmag Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Kevin Parcher
  9. Mark Y

Mark Y Supporting Actor

That's the one I had! Wish I could find it. Bought it in '89 (pretty sure).
    Back of the booklet has the Batman logo enlarged on a white background.
    When I was a kid I went through two vinyl copies, both mono (the CD is stereo). One had "exclusive original television soundtrack album" in red, the other in yellow. I don't recall any other differences.
    Holy hole in the doughnut!

10. KPmusmag

Supporter

Kevin Parcher
    Just wanted to add that this is the best scan of an album cover I have ever seen. Love it! Thanks for sharing!
    --Kevin

11. ScottRE

ScottRE Stunt Coordinator

Scott
    Just one in the second season "Escape from Venice."
    I'm hopeful Batman will eventually see a release. We never thought The Six Million Dollar Man would make it to the outside world, but it was done. Everything in its own time.

12. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    Pretty sure it came from this site: http://www.albumartexchange.com/

I was not aware the album was eventually put on CD; I stand corrected!

Hey, it would make a nice bonus CD to the Batman TV series blu-ray collection, not unlike the CD that came with the Fugitive DVD box set that was available for 5 minutes last fall. (Literally, 5 minutes - they pulled the set and have yet to reschedule.)

13. KPmusmag

Supporter

Kevin Parcher
    I came across this photo and had to share it. Not sure what else to say. [​IMG]

14. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    What else can you say? :laugh:

15. Statskeeper

Statskeeper Second Unit

I found this set of clips on YouTube today. The CBC had an interview with William Dozier and some behind-the-scenes footage from 1966 posted to their channel: Part 1: Part 2:

16. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    I think that elephant was used in one of the Egghead episodes.

17. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    Y'all made me think of this!!! I'm a huge fan of the classic Memphis Wrestling and I saw this clip on TV some years back. Jerry Lawler, a heel at the time in Memphis, decides to take on Mr. West who was in town for a car show. This is one of the few clips from when wrestling was on WHBQ. Enjoy!

18. shoeshineboy

shoeshineboy Second Unit

dan olson
    Hilarious!! Looks like Bat had been following The Evil King of Memphis at the buffet tables...

19. Sky Captain

Sky Captain Second Unit

Did Fox actually confirm this, or are people just saying that this is going to happen with no real evidence?

20. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    No one has confirmed anything about DVDs. The show is being merchandised heavily beginning this year. You can find a link to those articles in this thread. With that, speculation began that the deal that allowed the merchandising would allow the DVDs. Bill Hunt of the Digital Bits - probably the single most respected DVD news site on the internet - mentioned 2013 as a possible release for the show on DVD. Bill's not given to idle speculation. If that site mentioned it, there is at the very least some talk going on behind the scenes.