1966 Batman DVD Coming! See Post 649

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by JamesSmith, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    And possibly imbibing judging by his actions! :D

2. Sky Captain

Sky Captain Second Unit

FWIW, the 1966 show is on the Canadian channel Teletoon Retro Saturday nights at 7:00 PM. You can always set your PVR to record it and then transfer it to a DVD recorder later.

3. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    Thanks for the posting, but i am ok! DVD set is more for my collection as i was huge batman fan! There are also many batman episodes on youtube as such if i really want to watch them then i have that forum as well.

4. SimonTemplar

SimonTemplar Stunt Coordinator

ITV 4 are screening 2 episodes of Batman daily here in the UK. Is it me or have these prints been DNRed to death. Although the picture is clean there is no depth or detail at any point. I do hope these are not HD masters made for a potential DVD or BD release.

5. HDvision

HDvision Screenwriter

David
    Probably SD masters upscaled? Are those 4/3 or zoomed in?

6. Polka Dot Ron Albanese

WOW ... thanks for posting!

7. SimonTemplar

SimonTemplar Stunt Coordinator

They are shown 4:3. ITV hasn't succumbed to the zooming fashion, despite their treatment of Thunderbirds on Blu.

8. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

I'd be extremely surprised if what's being broadcast is anywhere near true HD. I'm sure they're just the most recent standard-def syndicated tapes, perhaps upscaled, but most likely not true HD.

9. JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes Cinematographer
    Supporter

Ray
    Holy Opportunities, Batman! Lots of Joint Appearances this year. Courtesy of some posters on the 1966 Batman Message Board: Adam West, Burt Ward, Yvonne Craig in Winnipeg, April 6th and 7th (http://www.c4popculture.com/) Adam West, Burt Ward, Julie Newmar in Chicago, April 28th (an maybe 26th-27th) (http://www.c2e2.com/Whos-Coming/Guests/Entertainment-Guests/) Adam West, Burt Ward, Yvonne Craig, Lee Meriwether in Maryland Monster Mania Sept. 27-29 (http://monstermania.net/MMC26_GUESTS.html) Is this major Batcoincidence simply related to the new Batmerchandise? Is there more Unbatbelievable News to Come? Stay Tuned, Should be a Battastic 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Auditioning

Green Lantern
    And for anybody who hasn't bought a copy of the movie on DVD or Blu-Ray yet. Batman: The Movie can be seen on Film4 from time to time. And for those of you who are interested in what could be included in a release of the series. Here is a cracking thread from the 1966 forums that may be of some interest to you. http://66batman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=673

11. Statskeeper

Statskeeper Second Unit

I found the complete CBC interview with William Dozier on YouTube. It's 25 minutes long.

12. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    Pretty entertaining interviews with Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar on the PBS Series "Pioneers of Television: Superheroes" episode last week. Newmar is as kooky as ever. West explained he couldn't see a damned thing, which is why he turned his head ever so slowly in what became a iconic way. Ward was shocked that he had to be dressed by someone else and the costume was the most uncomfortable thing he ever wore. Check it out.

13. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    I've seen Burt Ward being interviewed about his wardrobe, and his special problem with the network and his "package". Very funny stuff. :laugh:

14. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    It probably means nothing, but Time Life's announcement of the China Beach complete series probably means TL won't be handling a '66 Batman release, should it happen, this year.

15. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

Hardly surprising, as I still find a 2013 release of Batman to be 99.9% unlikely anyway, regardless of the deal that was struck to approve other merchandise. Home video rights are an entirely different kettle of fish.

16. Guest

Maybe they made a deal...WB would have rights to merchandise and FOX would have rights to the show on dvd/blu-ray. Hopefully everything will be worked out. This show was made for HD!

17. Guy Foulard

Guy Foulard Second Unit

Jason
  18. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    I'm really debating going to see the movie in a few weeks. Dang, the more I think of it, the more I just want to pull the trigger!

19. JoeDoakes

Supporter

Ray
    The article at the link states that an original Batman costume will be displayed from the Paul Allen collection (I think he owns the Cinerama too). So, if Paul Allen is a Batman fan, perhaps he could just buy 20th Century Fox and release the show himself.

20. JoeDoakes

Supporter

Ray
    I took my little girl to a local theater where the just showed the blu ray on the big screen. She really enjoyed it, and it wasn't from an original print with Adam West and Burt Ward in attendence. You should go. If I were anywhere near I would.