What's new

$1000 to spend to update my HT speakers - would love advice (1 Viewer)

John Lyman

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I have enjoyed reading a lot of reviews on this site on different topics and reviews. I have a dedicated theater room 15x20 (70% movies, 20% gaming and 10% music) running the following equipment:

Denon AVR 2113, Samsung Blu-Ray, BenQ W1070 projector, custom built screen. My current speakers are the original Mirage OmniStat's bookshelf with a Polk 10" Powered sub (that needs to replaced) (my 13 yo swiped my mirage sub). I currently have my fronts & centers behind my screen (the screen is made with acoustical movie theater fabric and black speaker material). My old system (prior to marriage) was DefTech Towers with built in subs great speakers but need to really crank the power to hit the sweet spot (past the wife's comfort). What I like about the Mirage's is the fronts give a good sound field, they work okay with the sub. What I don't like is the center channel lacks. So I have a $1000 to spend but I also like not to part with my $$ and don't mind open box stuff.

Here are my current thoughts - I have been looking a lot at the Fluance XL HT series, Pioneer Andrew Jones (with a better sub), BIC, etc. I'm also open to getting new front, center &/or sw and adding on latter.

Thank you in advance for all your advice - have fun spending my money :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks