What's new

Front Speaker locations (1 Viewer)

PSYLNT2UHD

Premium
Real Name
Michael Rozman
With speaker placement" our current design uses two front speakers (RF-7 III's) on the sides, one for left and one for right, with a capable sub (R-121-SW II) and center speaker (RC-64 III) up front under the projection screen. Is the sound quality really that much different if we can't get speakers behind the projection screen?
In our current design, we have:
11' wide and 15' Long room with an 8' ceiling. Brick walls on the two sides and the projection wall.
With capable fronts, I'm just curious more than anything about how different the experience will be. Using the Audio Advice tool, I'm surmising this design I've attached works well and plenty of people use it and are happy.

Attachments

• 2023-02-20 15_09_14-Home Theater Configuration Tool _ Audio Advice.png
    2023-02-20 15_09_14-Home Theater Configuration Tool _ Audio Advice.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
While I've never had speakers behind the screen, I do have the arrangement shown above with left and right at ear level and the center pointed up slightly towards ear level at the seating area. I've never had an issue believing the vocals were coming directly from the screen.

sinisanav

Agent
Real Name
Sinisa Vujkovic
my room is 13x15, 7.5 high. My speakers are exactly set as in your attachment , if you have speakers run through room correction with receiver /processor it will sound great, like mine do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks