What's new

Farmer's Daughter? (1 Viewer)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I thought I would revive this old thread because there has been a lot of interesting information regarding this show posted in other threads in the past few months.
I don't want this news to get buried in other threads so I thought I would post it in this thread.

The Farmer's Daughter is a Sony property.
The last time The Farmer's Daughter aired in syndication was in the mid-1980s on the CBN network.
In November 2010, Antenna TV announced it had acquired the show, and would air it when the network launched in January 2011.
In Jan. 2011, Antenna TV debuts but The Farmer's Daughter is not on the schedule. The network says that Sony told them the tapes are in rough shape and they need to be remastered.
Sometime later, it is revealed that no tape masters even exist for The Farmer's Daughter, and that CBN used 16mm prints.
As of June 2012, here is the current status: Sony needs to make tape transfers from the 35mm prints, but it is too expensive and Sony doesn't think the show has home video potential.
Another alternative would be for a smaller DVD company like Timeless or MPI to license the show from Sony, and make their own transfers from 16mm film prints borrowed from private collectors.

P.S.
If I made any mistakes, feel free to correct me and I'll do a revision.
I would also like to give credit to Neil Brock for his posts on the subject.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ron:

That was all news to me, so I appreciate you taking the time to post it here in this thread.

bef7f039_IngerStevens4.jpeg

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
My pleasure, Mike!

Here are 2 sexy publicity stills of Inger from The Farmer's Daughter.
I just watched the episode they were taken from the other night.
The episode is #19, "Marriage is for Real People."
In the episode, Katy dreams that she and Glen are romantically involved.
She dreams that they get married, and there are a series of fantasy vignettes of her bringing him breakfast in bed, getting cozy by the fireplace, etc.
Back to reality, Katy decides to bring her fantasies to life and seduces Glen, but her attempts backfire with disastrous results.

1057c5ca_B9ygwCWkKGrHqUOKpIEyjC5P88BM6wYw1l1g_3retouch.jpeg

Screen cap from the actual episode:
0ab3b6b9_snapshot20120530030143.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks