What's new

Zenith / Samsung OTA HDTV Tuner??? (1 Viewer)

John S

Senior HTF Member
At the local CC, they have both a Zenith HDV420, and Samsung Sir-T151 on open box with full warranty for just over $200, exact same price on both.

Which is the better unit????

David Judah

Screenwriter
There's no difference in picture quality, but comparing my 151 to a friend's Zenith, we found the Zenith's tuner to be a little more sensitive.

DJ

John S

Senior HTF Member
Ahhhh and we all know sensativity is good!!!!

Thanks... I'll pick up the Zenith....

Seemed a good deal, the Zenith retails for the higher price as well... lol

Geordy

Stunt Coordinator
i owned both, and kept the zenith (it is more sensitive and there is an infamous hum that eminates from the samsung). get yourself a nice powered antenna and have fun.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Yes the Zenith(LG) model is better. The Samsung's all have some problems with some channels, like on ABC HD programs they get a short audio dropout once every couple minutes or so. The Zenith seems to be better designed without the minor bugs and is a little more sensitive.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I had planned on going for Comcast HD, but my TV is in route, delayed by snow storms in the midwest.

There is a chance it will be delivered on Saturday, and I will be darned if I am going to go one more weekend than I have to with NTSC NFL football.

OTA available here in Denver is weak still, but I can actually see the building they say most of the low power broadcasts are being sent from by line of sight, so I think I will be ok for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks