Zenith / Samsung OTA HDTV Tuner???

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by John S, Dec 11, 2003.

1. John S

John S Producer

At the local CC, they have both a Zenith HDV420, and Samsung Sir-T151 on open box with full warranty for just over $200, exact same price on both.

Which is the better unit????

2. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

There's no difference in picture quality, but comparing my 151 to a friend's Zenith, we found the Zenith's tuner to be a little more sensitive.

DJ

3. John S

John S Producer

Ahhhh and we all know sensativity is good!!!!

Thanks... I'll pick up the Zenith....

Seemed a good deal, the Zenith retails for the higher price as well... lol

4. Geordy

Geordy Stunt Coordinator

i owned both, and kept the zenith (it is more sensitive and there is an infamous hum that eminates from the samsung). get yourself a nice powered antenna and have fun.

5. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

Yes the Zenith(LG) model is better. The Samsung's all have some problems with some channels, like on ABC HD programs they get a short audio dropout once every couple minutes or so. The Zenith seems to be better designed without the minor bugs and is a little more sensitive.

6. John S

John S Producer

I had planned on going for Comcast HD, but my TV is in route, delayed by snow storms in the midwest.

There is a chance it will be delivered on Saturday, and I will be darned if I am going to go one more weekend than I have to with NTSC NFL football.

OTA available here in Denver is weak still, but I can actually see the building they say most of the low power broadcasts are being sent from by line of sight, so I think I will be ok for the most part.