What's new

Yukon Routers and Carbide bits (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Has anyone used any of "Yukons" Carbide bits or Plunge Routers?
If so, what did you have or use of theirs and what did you think of it/them?
Would rather here it from actual users than promo grabage.
My Dewalt just puked (repair is so much as to just bya new one) and I have access to Yukons Routers and bits, at like next to nothing. 50 to 70% of retail.
To give you an idea of what i talking about:
YUKON 2-3/4HP Plunge Router (NEW)
Heavy duty double insulated motor for no-load speeds, adj from 11,000-28,000 rpms, Molded contour handels, balanced-weighting, Plung depth of up to 2-inches, Complete Cast Aluminum frame, High Impact Unbreakable housing, includes-stainless twin rod adjustable guide fence, small & large circle jigs, see thru removable dust collector. Includes 1/2-1/4 & metric collets with locking spindle chuck for quick bit changes, collet wrench included, Base is 6-3/4 x 4-3/4 for excellent stability, Weight 11-1/2 lbs
49.97 delivered, this Router I can get the biggest discount on....
Wooden holding box, 12 piece balanced carbide 1/4 & 1/2 shank, flush trim round over, cove, roman, 1/2"-45-chamfer etc...
26.97 delivered
Yes scary cheap prices, but I no nothing of Yukon Routers and bits. Everything is "Brand New" and not refurbs or b-stock.
Any Yukon owner users out their?????
Thanks
Geoff

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
i am partial to Porter Cable my self, even though that one sounds very nice, expecially for the price, damn thats cheap

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Well they may be built over the water! At this point I don't know as I don't have one in my hand & nobody local carrys them. Bad sign....

Their LOGO is a groweling Kodiak Bear and says Genuin Tough--->Ok if you say so....
I've heard the name before but never seen them in store, so leads me to agree with Frank that their built in "China perferably", or something. But they must be a good size company cause they make everything for wood work....

Don't care where it's built, if it works WELL, at this price.
I can return it if I don't like it but have to pay shipping back to MN. Would rather not waste the cash if that was to be the ending case.

So, still waiting for someone thats used their Routers or any Yukon power tools at this point!
One usually gets what you pay for in wood working products/power tools....but there are deals and exceptions now and then. Is this one of them, a big maybe, just need some actual Yukon user information...

Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks