What's new

Your thoughts on Tannoy speakers please. (1 Viewer)

VirtualFish

Auditioning
Real Name
Kenneth Ivanic
Hello everyone,

I'm very new to all of these audio/video discussions. In the last two weeks I have been gorging myself on the incredible advice and information. In all honesty I can't begin to tell you how useful these forums are. I've been looking at a few forums though and haven't been able to find much on Tannoy speakers.

Ok i'm building a home theater in a room which is basically 16'x12'. I'm using a projector/film screen so would like to keep some speakers in the wall for that real cinema feel.

I've been pretty comfortable in choosing the components, but the speaker and subwoofer have been very hard for me. Can you let me know if this is a good deal, and/or if I should get something else for the money. If it helps I'm driving them with a Denon 3808ci.

IW4 DC -Tannoy In-Wall Speaker. I'm paying $234.75 each. 4 of those are $939

IW62 TDC $598 Dual concentric 6 1/2 DC 1' Super tweeter.

Subwoofer is a Proficient S12 250W. I'm paying $343.

Any advice or knowledge of these would be very much appreciated. This room for me and my family is a dream come true so I would hate for me to have screwed up the sound when I'm paying almost $2k. (Hopefully this price is good as well)

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about Tannoy's consumer grade stuff, but I have some second hand experience with their pro studio gear. It's great.

VirtualFish

Auditioning
Real Name
Kenneth Ivanic
Thanks. I've bought it, but am allowed to change the order in the next few days if anyone else has some thoughts.

Greatly appreciated!!!

VF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks