What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (8 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Am I the only one who's having a long wait to get their Kino order shipped? I ordered ten Blu-rays and two boxed sets on October 15, and it's still "processing" on the 26th. Nothing seems to be on backorder, and this wait seems a bit unusual to me.

---------------
You're not the only one as I placed my order within 15 minutes of Kino's sale announcement and my order only got approved for packing yesterday. I hope it ships today.

Sinbad75

Grip
Real Name
Jack
I ordered 5 Blu-rays on 16 October and had delivery on the 22nd. The cases were all loose in a slightly over-sized box (no bubble wrap or other filler) but there was absolutely no damage. Overall a most pleasing transaction! Sorry to hear some are having issues.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I ordered from Kino on the 14th and just got a message yesterday (25th) that it's "approved for packing".

I placed an order with Deep Discount on the morning of the 23rd, and had a shipping notice by the afternoon of the same day.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I’ve placed a number or orders over the past couple of years and the orders always seem to arrive within a few days. Maybe my location in Kentucky helps because I think that Kino Lorber ships their orders from Kentucky or someplace close to Kentucky.

My only issue has been with a blu-Ray that I received this year called “The Captive Heart.” The blu-ray has no visible damage but my player would not recognize it.

After I contacted Kino Lorber they quickly shipped me a replacement blu-ray at no charge, but the second disc had the same failure to be read issue. I want to try the discs on a different player before I contact Kino Lorber again. My player is old but it’s never had an issue playing any other blu-ray or DVD.

if anyone else has any experience playing “The Captive Heart” on their player I would appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Am I the only one who's having a long wait to get their Kino order shipped? I ordered ten Blu-rays and two boxed sets on October 15, and it's still "processing" on the 26th. Nothing seems to be on backorder, and this wait seems a bit unusual to me.

---------------
No, you're not the only one. I haven't gotten my seven-disc order yet either.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I was delaying placing my order because I wanted to delay the charge to my credit card as long as possible. I guess maybe I need not have worried about that! :emoji_astonished:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I placed an order (10 titles, no backorders) on the 23rd, and got a shipping notice today. Based on prior orders, I should be getting it by Friday.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I can't participate in Kino's sales here in Australia and we are affected greatly by postal delays. But this morning my copy of 'Love Me Tonight', ordered ages ago, finally arrived. So I'm happy.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I can't participate in Kino's sales here in Australia and we are affected greatly by postal delays. But this morning my copy of 'Love Me Tonight', ordered ages ago, finally arrived. So I'm happy.
That will be the first one in my order that I watch when I receive it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I’ve placed a number or orders over the past couple of years and the orders always seem to arrive within a few days. Maybe my location in Kentucky helps because I think that Kino Lorber ships their orders from Kentucky or someplace close to Kentucky.

My only issue has been with a blu-Ray that I received this year called “The Captive Heart.” The blu-ray has no visible damage but my player would not recognize it.

After I contacted Kino Lorber they quickly shipped me a replacement blu-ray at no charge, but the second disc had the same failure to be read issue. I want to try the discs on a different player before I contact Kino Lorber again. My player is old but it’s never had an issue playing any other blu-ray or DVD.

if anyone else has any experience playing “The Captive Heart” on their player I would appreciate the feedback.
I have the same issue as my Blu-ray of "The Captive Heart" won't play on any of my Oppo players.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
My order still hasn't shipped as of this morning.

I too placed an order from KL immediately upon their Shocktober announcement. Two days later, I placed another order. The first order was delivered in a week but the second seems to be shipment processing limbo.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I hope Kino is reading this thread and that they know replacement discs are also defective.

I will let them know now that I am sure that there is a problem with some of the discs that were manufactured. I will report here what I find out. I am very pleased with Kino Lorber customer service in the sense that they quickly sent me a replacement disc at no charge once I contacted them. The problem is that we must a bad manufacturing batch of the Blu-ray Discs of The Captured Heart because my replacement disc failed to read in the same way and other people on this forum are reporting the same issue. Thank you to everyone who reads about this and posts their experience with this disc.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I will let them know now that I am sure that there is a problem with some of the discs that were manufactured. I will report here what I find out. I was very pleased with Kino Lorber customer service in the sense that they quickly sent me a replacement disc at no charge once I contacted them. The problem is that we have must a bad manufacturing batch of the Blu-ray Discs of The Captured Heart because my replacement disc failed to read in the same way and other people on this forum are reporting the same issue. Thank you to everyone who reads about this and posts their experience with this disc.
Are you calling them or emailing them? As I plan to contact them later on today.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
My order from the 15th shipped just two days ago. In another forum I believe the KL Insider stated that the number of orders received came so quickly that they had to replenish stock from another warehouse, which caused many of the delays.

My order immediately went into processing, but then sat there for a couple of weeks, likely because stock was available but just not at the processing location. I ordered 10 items, I assume the large the order the more likely one had a title holding things up. After hearing that I decided to cut them some slack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TThomps
Recent bookmarks