What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (4 Viewers)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
My Kino-Lorber order, which I put in on the last day of their most recent sale, has finally yielded a shipping notification today!

Hopefully, this means that Technicolor Fulfillment has nearly caught-up on KL's backlog!

I'm in Canada and thus will pay $23 for shipping on this 11 Blu-ray order, which also includes a 'Dark Side of Noir' boxset. (KL no longer offers free shipping to Canada over $100 as they used to). Even with the added shipping costs and with currency conversion to the Canadian dollar, the KL sale prices are still saving me significant money per title over buying these back-catalogue titles on Amazon Canada. But for many years, I also have been paying premium prices for KL's new releases pre-ordered on Amazon, as try as I might, I just can't wait!

My most recent KL buys...more coming soon on pre-order...
SAM_0862.JPG

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I'm in Canada and thus will pay $23 for shipping on this 11 Blu-ray order, which also includes a 'Dark Side of Noir' boxset. (KL no longer offers free shipping to Canada over $100 as they used to). Even with the added shipping costs and with currency conversion to the Canadian dollar, the KL sale prices are still saving me significant money per title over buying these back-catalogue titles on Amazon Canada. But for many years, I also have been paying premium prices for KL's new releases pre-ordered on Amazon, as try as I might, I just can't wait!
Better to buy directly from the Canadian distributor, Unobstructed View, than Amazon Canada.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Below is taken from Kino's site. The sale concluded several days ago so I don't quite understand why Kino is still eleven days behind shipping product? Such an announcement makes me hesistant to purchase anything from them, not just those titles out-of-stock.

Order Support​

For commonly asked questions regarding orders, please refer to our FAQ page. If you need further assistance please fill out the support form below:

Service Announcement:

(May 16) Fulfillment center remains more than 11 business behind. Most orders look fine and to help us better process backlog we kindly ask that hold off from asking status of order so we can focus on processing your packages. You will receive a tracking id when the order is ready to be shipped.
Also note, we do not split orders if you ordered out-of-stock or pre-orders. Allow additional time for shipping.
KNOWN DELAYS (Currently On Order):

• Dogtooth (Blu-ray)
  • Night Tide (Blu-ray)
  • Dinosaurus (Blu-ray)
  • The Long Goodbye (Blu-ray)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
No idea what's going on w/ Kino's order processing, but FWIW, I received my shipment exactly a week ago (and approx 2 weeks after placing the order) even though I placed my order at the proverbial 11th hour, if not even probably technically, slightly late.

_Man_

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
No idea what's going on w/ Kino's order processing, but FWIW, I received my shipment exactly a week ago (and approx 2 weeks after placing the order) even though I placed my order at the proverbial 11th hour, if not even probably technically, slightly late.

_Man_
i got my copy of the 4k of THE LONGEST YARD direct from Kino in less than a week. BTW, it looks great!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Amazon just shipped my copy of The Longest Yard yesterday (Blu-ray) version

I attribute these delays to Kino changing their distribution process (new warehouse on top of a major sale). I fully expect these are a one-time (extended) hiccup.

I know things will be normal in a little while.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Can anyone read spectograms? (I don't)
Apparently it is said, that the mono in the UHD of The Taking of Pelham One Two Three, might be a downmix of the 5.1 and not a real original audio.
Here in the 2 pictures we see high frequencies cut off in the Kino (in comparison with the MGM), but I don't know what that means.
(use the arrows on your keyboard to toggle between the two screenshots)
https://slow.pics/c/b4C5JeWD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks