What's new

Your Next New Car (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Bought a relatively new car in fall of 2007, so I'm probably good for another 10 years before the next car, unless it gets totalled before then in some unfortunate accident.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I was just reading there may some small tax break for those who purchase a new car between November 12, 2008 and December 31, 2009. We bought a new car November 10. Just my luck.

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
2004 Honda Odyssey EX Minivan - 63K Miles - no repairs beyond normal maintenance and tires (oh yeah - hail damage....)
2006 Acura TL - 32K Miles - has required several repairs under warranty - it has not been the typical Honda product, although I love the way it drives and handles.

Both cars are driven about 12K per year. We usually keep cars for 7-10 years, depending on the milage.

We will be picking up another car by 2013 when our son turns 16. My wife has always wanted a smaller sports car (preferably red) and she may get one then. I don't know if I want to hand over a minivan to a 16-year old boy....

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Two days ago, the transmission went on our Suburban. Thankfully, the transmission had enough left to get it to our mechanic. He has hundreds of cars on his lot, and one of them has a replacement transmission for our Suburban.

To hold us over while the Suburban is being repaired, we bought a 1988 Beauville (twelve-passenger) van from him. It has 135,000 miles on it, new tires, a rebuilt transmission, and an engine with less than 10,000 miles on it. He sold it to us for $800. :emoji_thumbsup: Although the van is not from the 1970s, I could not help but think of the Lost episode, Tricia Tenaka Is Dead, in which Hurley (with Vincent's help) finds the van from the 1970s on the island. All I need now is my tape of Shambala. ;)

BTW, our van looks much better than this one, but our van is the same color (blue).

Once the Suburban is fixed, we'll have two cars, which we bought for a total of $1,300.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Chris Souders

Stunt Coordinator

2005 MB SLK350 hardtop convertible, 16000 miles.. I hardly drive.
Lease ending in June. Want another hardtop convertible.. either BMW 335i, or the new Lexus IS convert or the Infiniti G37 convertible...

As my friend says, you never see an armored car in a funeral procession.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
If one of a companies suppliers stops production due to financial issues, I don't know what option a car company could have but to take it over. If one supplier stops, everything stops.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, we went ahead and just got ourselves a certified pre-owned 2006 Toyota Sienna LE w/ just 22K miles on it today (to replace our totalled 2005 Saturn Ion 2). Hopefully, this one will last us a good long time. :P

_Man_

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Did your van come with a dead workman and stale beer? And how does that affect the blue book value? I can't find "skeleton" or "Dharma Beer" as options at Edmunds or Kellys website.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
LOL. No, but the van did come with a book, entitled Hooked On Phonics. ;)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
ARRGGG!!!!! My son is driving by himself for the first time!!! He went to pick up his girlfriend and go out to dinner. ARRG!!

My son will get his permit next Spring. I'm not looking forward to it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bryan is a forward thinker, like me. Knowing that features will be reinstated and the old codes will magically work again :D

Dave, enjoy the new car. I got a $500 prognosis for new control arm bushings in my Accord and am wishing for a new car right now...

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Bryan X /forum/thread/282083/your-next-new-car/30#post_3579853

Bryan is a forward thinker, like me. Knowing that features will be reinstated and the old codes will magically work again :D

Dave, enjoy the new car. I got a $500 prognosis for new control arm bushings in my Accord and am wishing for a new car right now...
My second choice was a Accord two door. The Ion is in a bit better shape so I got it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The Accord 2 DR is attractive, but I didn't fit in it. It has an uncomfortably low ceiling (and I'm not that tall).

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I've changed my mind about the first car I'd want to own. It's now a Fiat 500 Abarth! But not the SS version.

Hopefully, with Fiat now owning Chrysler, we might see the car's introduction earlier than expected, possibly at the time my new business will settle in and I'll have enough money to pay for it.

Or the business fails, and I'll have to live in it!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I realized today my car will probably hit 100k then end of next year. Which means I need to figure out how "new car" figures in the the budget in the next few years.

I hope GM gets there Chevy Volt out and affordable!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks