What's new

Your favorite DVD menu (1 Viewer)

Cary T

Screenwriter
I know most DVD menus can become repetitive rather quickly, but these 2 dvd menus I'm never tired off:

1. This Is Spinal Tap - Probably the funniest menu ever. The cast in character guides you through the dvd options.

2. Requiem for A Dream - The TV informercial, "Juice by Tappy! Juice by Tappy!"

DustinC

Stunt Coordinator
The Silence of the Lambs (Criterion) freaks me out every time I put it in. I love it!

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Two-Lane Blacktop (Anchor Bay) - has Kris Kristofferson singing "Me and Bobby McGee" - the entire song from beginning to end.
To be honest though, I can't stand high concept menus, or loud ones.
Criterion does great menus, because they're subdued, audio-wise and load instantly.

Geoff S

Stunt Coordinator
For all menus as a whole (main, chapters, audio menus, features menus etc) I'd say Terminator 2: Ultimate Edition DVD.

One more that comes to mind is Independence Day. Not the whole menu... but the part when you select Play movie and the White House gets blown up, then the ID4 logo flys out at you... that I thought was pretty cool.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I lurve flashy dvd menus, I know some of you hate the buggers, but I enjoy sitting back and watching them moving about all over the place while I'm tapping the buttons on the remote, oh what joy! After a few minutes of childish excitement hitting PLAY and watching the movie is such an anticlimax...;)
Favorite Menus include...
T2
ID4
MiB
TPM
Shrek
Alien
Aliens
The Matrix
Ghostbusters
Final Fantasy
The James Bonds
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
many more

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
ALIEN, absolutely no contest... it captures the feeling of the movie perfectly without giving away any spoilers (which is a BIG problem with DVD menues nowadays).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks