What's new

Your current GAS list? (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Their pull quote from DP Review is pretty laughable. Like saying, "Today is Friday."

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 10.23.40 PM.png

And it looks like that pull quote is just from DP Review regurgitating the company's press release. https://www.dpreview.com/news/39029...ent-assistant-for-dslr-and-mirrorless-cameras

And it's originally a Kickstarter project, which I now avoid after having been burned before at least with photo related Kickers. The thing looks and sounds too good to be true...

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I decided to start clearing out some darkroom stuff, since I don't use the darkroom anymore. Here's a bottle of warm tone paper developer. Do you suppose it still works?

_NZ70294-1200.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
With all this new gear, I realize my bags don't really fit, since they are intended for large SLR bodies, and generally smaller lenses, or at least lenses with smaller diameters. So, I got a Think Tank Retrospective 30. I like messenger style bags, and it's a little deeper than the ones I have, which allows me to put mirrorless bodies perpendicular to the case, rather than parallel to it. Then, it took a little thought regarding how lenses fit in best, but one problem I run into is I have four lenses that have tripod mounts on them, which were always a problem fitting into bags. So, I realized I could separate the center lens section into two wedges, rather than squares, which lets me have a large diameter 14-30mm on one side, and (in this case) a Tamron 70-210 f/4 with the tripod mount and FTZ adapter. There's also a Sigma 15mm fisheye under the 14-30. That's with both bodies, the Z7ii and IR converted Z5. I can skip the Z5 for the Tamron 100-400 if I want and then could put a macro in place of the 70-210.

I have to say, these Think Tanks are nice bags. Just better construction than I've had before. That's the Z5 on the right. The Z7ii goes in the left side, but I took the photo with that.

_NZ70317.jpg

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Glad to see another TT convert. 😄 I have the Retro 30, but was using it as my daily work bag (non photo) during the pandemic as it fit my work laptop quite well as well as my gadget bag mic and headphones for doing a lot of Zoom calls. I have since switched to a backpack, but am keeping the 30 should I decide to go back to a messenger.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I wasn't sure which thread to put this in.

Skylum is currently offering their Luminar AI photo editing software for free when you request via a promotional link and provide your name and email address. Details here

I had done this once before for their older Luminar 3 software, but never used it. I did get this version, too. Heck, it's free.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For just one sample of my insane, oddball lens splurge, here's what a (cheap) 50mm f/0.95 looks like.

Full list to follow. :blink:

_NZ70390.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
...and an (extremely cheap) TTArtisan 11mm f/2.8 full frame fisheye.

This appears to be an amazingly good lens, without even considering the low price. It seems to have little to virtually zero spherical distortion (see how the car isn't "squished"), and rather minimal barrel distortion, though it is still a fisheye. The peripheral sharpness might be the best I've ever seen in a fisheye. All of this makes it an exceptionally useful lens. It should be fairly easy to (mostly) eliminate the distortion, if wanted.

It's been an unusually bleak winter in Colorado this year. The sun is usually shining, but it's been a rare site.

_NZ70376.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
And now for my latest loss of control.

For most of my photographic career I was a scheimpfluging maniac. Now I’ll get to try it out with an entirely different purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks